Crossbow Nation banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Ten point XRT NITRO!! And Barnett Vengance, (Ghost 350 sold)
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Sorry that happened to you . I respect spots people have shown me. I have a freind that stopped hunting three years ago and he hunted across the street from where i did . about a half mike away and he always did well/. He told me to take his spot. I text him every time before i go
Thats the kind of respect I was brought up with as well. ;)

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Yup. And don't post your trail cam pics of nice bucks on the internet! People will put two and two together and figure out where that buck is. It's not hard with all the info people choose to divulge on social media these days.

Share the pics AFTER the buck is dead.
True dat! I'm still trying to figure out where Robert hunts,LOL. He won't give me the dang GPS location.....

• Haha
Reactions: jarin12ga

·
Registered
15,084 Posts
My married son knows where I hunt and what I see on cameras. He shows me what he sees too. We do hunt a piece of land together sometimes and the way we feel is we're happy to see the other one get the deer. BTW, my wife doesnt know where my stands are but she always know which piece of property I'm hunting on. If need be...she can get in touch with my son.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Yup. And don't post your trail cam pics of nice bucks on the internet! People will put two and two together and figure out where that buck is. It's not hard with all the info people choose to divulge on social media these days.

Share the pics AFTER the buck is dead.
I seldom tell after he's dead...

·
Registered
Tenpoint Siege, Ripper 415, Vortex,
915 Posts
I will never tell anyone my hunting spots again. I guy knew, so called friend, whom vowed to never tell anyone about a spot, I showed him, now has his friend hunting in my area now. This Idiot walks up on me 7:00 a.m. prime time!!. I'm in my blind throwing my hands up like WTF a$$ H**le !!! I swear, I saw red!!!! I dont even want to say, what I felt like doing!! Im still pissed, never again! Dont tell anyone about your sacred hunting spot, unless your very ,very close to them!! Word of advise!!
Private land? I hunt Kansas public land and so far other hunters have been very respectful when they don’t have to be. I return the favor and don’t go into where they hunt. But yea I’d be pissed. Especially if the guy knew I was there. Even if he didn’t. If you’re on private land then I’d see red too.

·
Registered
Excalibur Exomax
607 Posts
I have tried over the years to help people out and got tired of getting taken advantage of. I am a loner now and proud of it!! Don’t have to schedule my hunts around anyone’s activities but mine. Go when I want to go and leave when I want to leave.

A few bad experiences made me very wise and a little bitter.

Bill

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I have tried over the years to help people out and got tired of getting taken advantage of. I am a loner now and proud of it!! Don’t have to schedule my hunts around anyone’s activities but mine. Go when I want to go and leave when I want to leave.

A few bad experiences made me very wise and a little bitter.

Bill
Same here. Loner now, much better that way. Used to hunt with "buddies", and didn't turn out well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I never enjoyed the babysitting aspect of hunting,I grew up in a house where hunting is life,and fishing. My father is a avid hunter,hes in the woods 365 and has been all of his 66 years,Im 41 and have been since I was old enough to walk. I tried to get a few friends, into bowhunting/hunting in general that were not brought up involved and from my experience, they never want to do anything, they just want to show up,and sit in the best stand. I enjoy the rest of it as much as the hunting.

I felt like It was like carrying a 25 hp motor down to the dock while I was guiding. I hated it, I prefer just my father and I.

Let people make their own way in life. This babysitter is unemployed now and my back is not sore.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Reactions: robertyb

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I will never tell anyone my hunting spots again. I guy knew, so called friend, whom vowed to never tell anyone about a spot, I showed him, now has his friend hunting in my area now. This Idiot walks up on me 7:00 a.m. prime time!!. I'm in my blind throwing my hands up like WTF a$$ H**le !!! I swear, I saw red!!!! I dont even want to say, what I felt like doing!! Im still pissed, never again! Dont tell anyone about your sacred hunting spot, unless your very ,very close to them!! Word of advise!!
I hate that happened to you. If someone was so generous to allow me to hunt on some prime hunting spot, why would I blow it by giving someone else the info. Makes no sense and your so called friend doesn’t deserve to hunt there, period.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just shows what kind of friend he is/was. I share my hunting info with my dad and 1 buddy. My buddy shares some of his info with me as well, but we live a state apart and don't hunt each other state. We've been buddies for close to 15 years now and respect each other spots. I've seen to many cases over the year where you invite 1 buddy that turns into 2, than 3 and so on. Shame very few people have respect for others anymore.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
That would be hard to do without the gate codes. Then you would have to get by the caretaker. :)
I have not seen a trespasser on the club for a several years now. Our club and all the land adjoining it is privately owned land.
Former Marine here, so pretty confident I could slip in if I set my mind to it! It's the getting out in one piece that would be the tricky part, LOL.

But mute point, would never anyway, of course, unless invited someday! HInt, Hint.....I'm only about 3 hours away......

21 - 40 of 51 Posts