Crossbow Nation banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
15,642 Posts
Former Marine here, so pretty confident I could slip in if I set my mind to it! It's the getting out in one piece that would be the tricky part, LOL.

But mute point, would never anyway, of course, unless invited someday! HInt, Hint.....I'm only about 3 hours away......
We have had folks slip in but someone is usually at their vehicle when they come out to talk to them. No where to park that the vehicle will not be seen. Had one guy get his wife to let him out and pick him up. Law was waiting when he came back out but that was when I was still working. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dad let a single hunter hunt on the small farm. Next day he brought a friend, then the next day 3 cars and six friends which branched our on neighboring farms. I appreciate the need for being able to hunt private lands but many will abuse the privaledge!

·
Registered
Ten point XRT NITRO!! And Barnett Vengance, (Ghost 350 sold)
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
My hunting spots are only known by my hunting partner, and I am married to her. In fact, Saturday I stayed in an drank coffee while she went out in the morning. 10 minutes later she texts me to assist her with her deer. View attachment 212202
Your a lucky chap!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Dang, I would never even hunt close enough to someone to interfere. Kinda like the binocular fishermen that watch for you to catch a fish and then come flying up and drop their anchor where you are casting.
This same guy does that too. He casts literally right on top of where your lure splashes in the water. POS

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Needed help getting a deer out of a rough area. Two days later I approach the same stand to find him in the stand. I said WTF. He said he was there first. He didn’t have permission to even hunt the property. He also had a rifle during bow only season. Not a friend just someone logging the area. He was reported to no effect.
That's what his excuse was. He needed help dragging out a deer. He told me the guy doesn't hunt. That's the same guy, I seen at 7Am by my blind. Pay backs a bitch!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
If its public land its fair game you need to give over .
[/QUOT No I disagree. He has the whole place to hunt. Its Irrelevant, if its public land or not!! If I show you a spot and help you hang a stand. You don't hunt my spot, Period!!. I laid out the terms, before I even showed him the area. Its straight out, common sense and respect. I felt bad for him because he was clearly a little slow. But he turned out to be weasel in the grass. Like someone said, the world is all me, me,me now a days!!!

41 - 51 of 51 Posts