Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
18,889 Posts
If you look at the knob of the Ravin handle as per their website, the bolt has a slot that a screw driver fits
into to tighten the handle. This bolt may work loose over time and if the operator is not paying attention,
the bolt can eventually come out, possibly taking the last few threads of the bolt or handle with it.

One example I have found on one of my crank cocking devices is the bolt is steel, but screws into an aluminum
handle section. The bolt has a shoulder to normally prevent it from being over tightened. My handle was
aluminum which is unsatisfactory for that purpose. To make my repair, I shaved a bit off the knob where it
would contact the handle as the bolt shoulder had worked into the aluminum. I then added Gorilla Glue to
the bolt and seated it, making sure the knob turned free. I then peined the threaded end of the bolt with a small
ball pein hammer and let everything set up. No more bolt coming loose or possibly falling out like the original
design.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.
I happen to own one and I would think I would notice it getting loose long before it would slip off. I always give mine a small tug before cocking or uncocking.

· Registered
18,889 Posts
I thought that maybe the blot had snapped behind the handle. My handle takes a 7/64 allen wrench. If I were you I would use either blue or red loctite on it. When using it pull on the handle before cranking and if it slips more than about 1/8" it is getting loose. Mine does have about that much play in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts