Crossbow Nation banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

· Registered
8,441 Posts
Thinking about how this could happen some more… if I am cranking it clockwise and holding the handle… If the handle doesn’t spin freely, would I not be effectively unscrewing it from the bolt every crank?
Yes you would. If the handle is too tight on the bolt, remove it and file where it
meets the crank to give it more clearance. Add locktite or Gorilla Glue to the
threads and re install the bolt and let it set up for a while. This is what had to
with one of my crank cocking devices.
I then peined the end of the threaded section so the bolt can not come out.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
So far, the response from Ravin has been incredible. "Send it in prepaid; we will replace any parts damaged and go through the entire bow/trigger group and send it back." They noted that I would be getting a different handle. I mentioned that the new handle design may be related to the old handle design's capability of popping off on a user during the cocking procedure. As @bunnyrabbit noted above there is a flat head screw. What is noteworthy is on the old design the bolt came from the crank side and now it comes from the handle side. I think that means that instead of potentially loosening the knob during cranking you would be tightening it. I am curious to see if the knew slimmer knob is on some type of pin/roller which would lower the force being transferred from knob to bolt.

Will keep you posted, but so far they have been top flight.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts