Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how to tell the difference - if any - between the early models versus the World Class version made today? Thanks.

·
Registered
10,467 Posts
Apparently they do not as they would ask for it to register for warranty purposes. Here is how you register a Hawke scope.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Robert, I understand how to register the scopes.

I’m just wondering if I ever come across a used XB30 Pro SR, whether I could tell if it was an earlier generation or the phenomenal World Class Catter endorsed most recent generation?

Both of my “bottom of the barrel Zeiss Terra scopes" have serial numbers - the XB75 is 4422452 and the regular 2-7x32 Terra with the regular duplex is 4205693.

Reactions: bbahunter

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
You dont comprehend well timmy, worl class was never stated by anyone buy YOU!

YHE HAVE NEVER BEEN WORLD CLASS, BUT LIKE TENPOINT, AND SCORPYD IN COMPOUNDS, OR EXCALIBUR IN RECURVES, WHEN OTHER COMPANIES INTRODUCE COMPATIBLE MODELS, THEY UPGRADE TO STAY THE BEST CHOICE IN THE CROSSBOW ONLY SCOPE FIELD!

I think most have understood if you want to make a determination for your own opinion, your best option will be with their current version, and buy it new, or your just guessing what someone else has done to it or subjected it to!

Also, call and talk to Jess at their USA headquarters in Ft Wayne Indiana,,, and like I stated before, you might buy a scope they build for someone else as a clone to the XB-30 SR Pro. But it will not have all the current XB-30 SR Pro features, including the same glass or coatings,, and that is not from me, but straight from Jess, I fo confer with him in person from time to time. Just what I have been informed and witnessed,,, nothing else!

But common sense would dictate if you have no interest in their reticle, or illumination, why would you even bother,, unless you really didn't mean that anyways?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Timmy,

I checked mine and there isn't a SN. That is interesting because there is no traceability without it. In a manufacturing process that is a great thing to have. The UPC code on the box is the only thing that might set it apart from another generation but not from another scope.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Well I have talked with the USA rep as I've said, and just like Excalibur, they could care less who bought it, when they bought it, or how it happened, if there's an issue with it they'll replace it, and if it is an older model, the only problem you'll have is you will have to suffer with the latest version which will be upgraded. Kind of nice to deal with a company, that makes no bones over why it didn't hold up. But I'm sure some will find a problem with that as well!

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Catter - you should go back to letting your wife post responses.

I just thought “world class” would sum up your description of the XB30 Pro SR and the EVO-X (that I gave away free) that you’re in love with and seem to flaunt on here and CT. I wonder if one of my bottom of the barrel Terra scopes would bend like your Hawke?

You dont comprehend well timmy, worl class was never stated by anyone buy YOU!

YHE HAVE NEVER BEEN WORLD CLASS, BUT LIKE TENPOINT, AND SCORPYD IN COMPOUNDS, OR EXCALIBUR IN RECURVES, WHEN OTHER COMPANIES INTRODUCE COMPATIBLE MODELS, THEY UPGRADE TO STAY THE BEST CHOICE IN THE CROSSBOW ONLY SCOPE FIELD!

wildcatter109;1111051679 said:
I have owned every scope you have mentioned, On my current bows I have 2 Hawke XB-30 Pro SR, and one Evo-X. For over 6 years the Hawke XB-30 Pro has been flawless and my choice of scope. I shoot year round 1000's of shots from my bows and they have been flawlessm and never lost their zero. Last year I got the Evo-X and can now say It is my favorite.

I somehow bent this XB-30 Pro hanging in my garage, must have banged something into it pretty hard without knowing it. In the picture one can see the eye piece bent downward, which had to be hit fairly hard.
View attachment 6947209

This was the shot taken to see how far off the scope was affected,,, 30 yards, right where it was the 1/2" right could have been me but the bow had not been shot for a couple months, and had been sighted in over a year before, but Hawke replaced it anyways, with no questions asked!
View attachment 6947227

I have had to have $1200.00 Leupold Competition Series scopes replaced for not holding a zero before, so remember, any scope brand can have issues, but for over 6 years, the Hawke XB-30 Pro has proven to be reliable for the 5 or 6 I have owned, even after I obviously abused one severely! It and the Evo-X are the only two Crossbow scopes I will have my crossbows that are available to this date! Both are well proven.

I really don't care for the sub par glass in the other Hawke crossbow scopes, like the cheaper XB-1, or the XB-30 Pro compact, so don't know if they hold up as well, but cheaper scopes mean cheaper optics and not near as bright in low light, common sense---- but which Hawke scope do you have????

·
Banned
178 Posts
Well I have talked with the USA rep as I've said, and just like Excalibur, they could care less who bought it, when they bought it, or how it happened, if there's an issue with it they'll replace it, and if it is an older model, the only problem you'll have is you will have to suffer with the latest version which will be upgraded. Kind of nice to deal with a company, that makes no bones over why it didn't hold up. But I'm sure some will find a problem with that as well!
+1

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I would only expect for you to put your own spin on anything I say timmy, as we have seen that's just way you roll, but that is not at all what was said!

Any fool can see what trying to sell a big ole scope made fancy for crossbow hunting and hanging a large price tag on it will accomplish, the XBR Viper was far from world class, but for an inside 100 yards or in most cases 50 yards, their just weren't enough interested to keep it in production, I think it is pretty obvious in the past over 10 years who is satisfying the majority of crossbow users, and how many have flopped trying to hoard in on pracricle crossbow scopes, it ain't no one building a dedicated "WORLD CLASS" crossbow scope! Just passing on some more facts!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts