Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems United Bowhunters of NJ didn't agree with their own game dept. survey. So they did their own. Now they're in shock that half ( numbers aren't actually given ) are for xbows inclusion. Imagine that? :D

Here's their long winded crying session where once again they go over all the baseless reason to keep xbows out. In there somewhere is the "half want them" part.

The results surprised some of our Council members, indicating that our membership was virtually split down the middle regarding this issue.
You have to see the humor in that one.

http://www.ubnj.org/camp/fire.html

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
If they admit to half membership is for Crossbows,I wonder what was the actual percentage?

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SPECIALIZED said:
If they admit to half membership is for Crossbows,I wonder what was the actual percentage?
You got it! Their own little inside group can't even get a majority vote against them. The whole thing is just too funny for words.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
However, in order to see how our membership felt the UBNJ performed its own survey. The results surprised some of our Council members, indicating that our membership was virtually split down the middle regarding this issue.
Sure would have liked to have been a fly on the wall, during that meeting (LOL)

·
378 Posts
Check THIS OUT

SPECIALIZED said:
VIRTUALLY "split down the middle" means MORE than half (but they don't have the "stones" to answer the REAL numbers and percentages I've asked the UBNJ folks Several times to "come clean" they won't budge":D

It's worse though check out this letter sent by the UBNJ President to a UBNJ MEMBER supporting CrossBOW INCLUSION.......:)

I had sent Joe Mills an email a few days ago and heres his response!!! (my email to him is below his response)

It's interesting that you identify yourself only as XXXXXXXXXXX. We are not ignoring our survey we am just not willing to manipulate it the way the Division has manipulated theirs. The crossbow is not a bow it is more of a gun. The Divisions precedent has always been the more primitive weapon has the earliest season, the crossGUN belongs in a separate season with a separate definition and a separate permit, just like the muzzleloader. UBNJ will fight to preserve the bowseason for the bow hunter. Hand held, hand drawn archery equipment that requires skill, dedication, and practice to master, should not have a weapon like the crossgun lumped in with. Just point and click and throw bolts all over the woods. It because the proponents of the crossbow do not wish to take the time to get it properly introduced into the gamecode and because they are afraid of what will happen when the public weighs in on this.

XXXXXXXXX , do not disguise your greed to force the crossgun down the throats of the rest of the archery community as an impassioned movement for the benefit of all hunters. The "facts" you point to are from other States where harvest limits make comparison to NJ completely absurd. The proponents of the crossbow are the "tiny click" and are doing everything they can to try to convience people otherwise. In the end if the Division doesn't act responsibly it will be up to the Sportsmen of NJ to act accordingly.

Sincerely Joe Mills

President United Bowhunters of New Jersey

----- Original Message -----

To: [email protected]

Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2008 6:47 PM

Subject: well Joe Mills

It seems you say your org. is for ALL bowhunters but you still seem against the results of your own survey. The facts for harvest rates between vertical and crossBOW are just about exactly the same. Why do you oppose them so much. The fall season does not belong to vertical bowhunters only and I hope the DFGW sees that choice for all is far better than what a few thousand in a tiny click in NJ think!!!!

WE don't deny that we have NO majority, but we don't CARE what "the tiny click" wants....

NF F&G Survey states 77% surveyed support crossbow inclusion IN NJ
EVEN BOW ONLY HUNTERS SHOWED A VAST MAJORITY SUPPORTING IT
UBNJ MEMBERSHIP (of 3000 aprox) AT LEAST HALF SUPPORT IT TOO

"Tiny Clique" HE WISHES

That's especially "enlightening" IF you've read the Campfire Joe Mills put up, he says ONE THING IN PUBLIC (acting like UBNJ WILL support the "half for this" in "some way", in PRIVATE he makes it clear how he feels about that and "crossguns"........making absurd statements showing his ignorance on ALL things CrossBOW)

·
821 Posts
Welcome Jim.:D Nice to see you on here. I was going to post this, but glad you beat me to it. :)

·
821 Posts
aceoky said:
Thank you K!

Yes it needed to be out in the Public eye IMO
Oh, I've put it out in the Public EYE..on quite a few boards...and has been read!!:eek:

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kmtpr said:
Oh, I've put it out in the Public EYE..on quite a few boards...and has been read!!:D
They don't like it either. :ack2:

·
378 Posts
Big-Bird-VA said:
Seems United Bowhunters of NJ didn't agree with their own game dept. survey. So they did their own. Now they're in shock that half ( numbers aren't actually given ) are for xbows inclusion. Imagine that? :D

Here's their long winded crying session where once again they go over all the baseless reason to keep xbows out. In there somewhere is the "half want them" part.

You have to see the humor in that one.

http://www.ubnj.org/camp/fire.html
It's EVEN Worse than that NOW.....

We now have a UBNJ Rep (Tony) TRYING to say "split down the middle" was 60% Against and Only 40% (NO proof) despite the Fact it would make Joe Mills (UNBJ President a Liar)......

However don't mention any of the TRUTH on the "one NJ hunting forum" IF you want to post there any more.......:eek:

"Some" in charge do NOT wish the Truth the Whole Truth and nothing but the Truth "getting out"......to the Public of NJ......:eek:

It's really sad and pathetic when the PRO CrossBOW side has to be silenced so the BS and MYTHS can multiply ......IMHO

·
378 Posts
kmtpr said:
Oh, I've put it out in the Public EYE..on quite a few boards...and has been read!!:D
Yes you did.............NJH (New Jersey "pro hunting site") didn't allow it to stay up long though did they.............:eek::eek::eek:

They KNOW it damages THEIR agenda...........JUST like all the other posts they suddenly deleted after this TRUTH came out.......

They're desperate (and in DENIAL) and to a Very large degree and don't want to admit what is happening.........sad and pathetic IMHO

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
It's the same within any bow hunting club. I speak to members about the crossbow inclusion when we are one on one, and they are for it, but the ones' they vote into the offices, aren't. I love it when I can recruit the bow hunters women into crossbow hunting. It makes them have to rethink allowing so mama can go hunting with them.
One thing I noticed in that e-mail that was sent is "a bow has to be hand drawn" ( I hand draw mine) and "hand held". ( I hold mine with my hands) and I do the practice like anyone else does. I don;'t just fling arrows all over the woods either as I'm selective. So, what was his real point with that statement?
When you talk to these boys, ask if they shoot a compound bow and get a little asterisk by their record book entries since they aren't real or primitive weapon shooters either. That chaps the backsides. Only real primitive bow hunters get full recognition, not compound bow shooters. Also, I don't see those primitive bow shooters being the ones that have any problems with crossbows. It's the compound bow shooters that use triggers and sights with their choice of equipment. Hmm?

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Terry Williams said:
Guide girl the * is only for 80% let off on compunds
Poop & Dung web site says this.

4. Effective January 1, 2004, animals taken with bows have nominal percent of let-off greater than 65 percent shall be listed with an asterisk (*) in the Records. It is recognized that variations in draw length and/or draw weight can affect the percent of let-off on compound bows. For these reasons minor variations in let-off are acceptable.

·
378 Posts
One thing I noticed in that e-mail that was sent is "a bow has to be hand drawn" ( I hand draw mine) and "hand held". ( I hold mine with my hands) and I do the practice like anyone else does. I don;'t just fling arrows all over the woods either as I'm selective. So, what was his real point with that statement?
"My" best guess is aimed as an insult at CrossBOW hunters who don't have to draw "in the presence of game" , not realizing that with modern compounds one doesn't either.....the hypocrisy is astounding these compound hunters know that compounds were once not legal , they had good folks fight for THEM.. and now their Choice is used by over 90% of bow hunters Nationwide, YET "they" don't want the exact same fight for others with crossbows to be effective.....

Also, I don't see those primitive bow shooters being the ones that have any problems with crossbows. It's the compound bow shooters that use triggers and sights with their choice of equipment. Hmm?
Yesterday 06:34 PM
Exactly !!!

The "loudest" are the very ones using the newest, fastest state of the art compound "complete with all the bells and whistles" .....which is sad for the future of OUR sport .

·
378 Posts
P&Y (despite their claims) do not represent the "true bow hunters" of this great nation......their Anti CrossBOW stance has done more to harm them even more.

Most don't care anything about P&Y , which proves they're Not "doing anything great for OUR sport".....Too bad "some" just don't get something as simple is a bow is a bow, and archery is archery........and bow hunting is more than holding and drawing a bow..........(especially a modern compound bow)

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
I have to admit I was amazed at the results myself. I also read a post on MS by somebody claiming MBH was 98% opposed to inclusion in Mi. My bs alarm was ringing loudly, lol. If the UBNJ survey would have been 60/40 against, you would have read "overwhelming majority".

·
378 Posts
awshucks said:
I have to admit I was amazed at the results myself. I also read a post on MS by somebody claiming MBH was 98% opposed to inclusion in Mi. My bs alarm was ringing loudly, lol. If the UBNJ survey would have been 60/40 against, you would have read "overwhelming majority".
As you know (and very well) that bunch would have been thumping their chests and bragging as loudly as possible IF they had Any Majority against at all.........we have NO doubt since they weren't and the UBNJ President said "Virtually " split down the middle of which side the "true" majority (whatever percentage it was) happened to be on.....For inclusion :cool:

Obviously things are not going there way which is the reason for deleting entire threads of useful information and data, not to mention pictures proving the myths and BS to be exactly what they are , along with "other tactics" used to Try to silence the truth in NJ.....

The "good news" is All of it will likely "backfire" just as everything else they have tried has done so splendidly.......including "Gomer's Surprise") :D

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Here is to the antihunting,anticrossbow crowd.:cool:

Attachments

·
378 Posts
SPECIALIZED said:
Here is to the antihunting,anticrossbow crowd.:cool:
With all due respect.........

"I" think that you are giving them far too much credit :D:D:D:D:D

We need an Anti CrossBOW poster of a two year old screaming MINE MINE MINE, ME ME ME ME MINE ME MINE MINE ME ME MINE.........

1 - 20 of 23 Posts