Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to shoulder issues I just got a Tenpoint Turbo S1. I would like to shoot slick trick xbow broadheads 100/125 grain. Will dragon claw bolts be stiff enough or do I need zombie bolts. I plan to get bare shafts and build my own. If I get the zombies will they be too stiff for field points. Any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
17,117 Posts
The Dragon Claws are Black Eagle Executioners. I think the bow will shoot just fine with them as I shoot the BEEs at 435 fps from my Ravin R20. Either weight broadhead will work. Use 100 grains if you already have them, If buying go ahead and get the 125 grain heads as some extra weight will give better FOC.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Thanks for the input, I'll go ahead and get the dragon claws from Wyvern. /QUOTE]
Personally, I would opt for the Zombies over the Executioners. The Zombies are stiffer. Ive got a Tenpoint FX4 and I shoot the Slick Tricks. I use to use Executioners and could not get them to shoot the Tricks accurately. I bought myself some of Jerry's Spynal Tapps, which are the same carbon as the Zombies and my problems went away.

Most any bow/arrow will shoot mechanicals but fixed blades are another story most times. Some will disagree but I do not believe that it's possible to "over spine" a crossbow arrow but it is highly possible to use an under spine arrow.

Good luck

Reactions: *Jay* and JCAT

·
Registered
TenPoint Viper S400 / Garmin Xero
1,914 Posts
I have both 19” dragon claws and executioners for my viper and turbo s1.

·
Registered
TenPoint Viper S400
80 Posts
I had good luck out of my Stealth FX4 with the Zombie Slayers and 100 grain Slick Tricks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts