Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get the same 366 fps. I tried getting another set of cables made a specific way but they were made wrong.

I’ll have to live with 366 fps and my 411.6 gr bolts.

I did wax the heck out of the serving with Scorpion Venom but that shouldn’t have had that much effect on velocity.

DSCN2553.JPG

·
Registered
10,304 Posts
Speed sounds correct for a DS 380 to me using a 412 grain arrow. That was about what I was getting out of mine when I had it.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Speed sounds correct for a DS 380 to me using a 412 grain arrow. That was about what I was getting out of mine when I had it.
Isn’t the spec for 380 fps with a 375 grain shaft?

·
4,651 Posts
Very few of my crossbows have come close to getting advertised speed. Usually after a # of shots , I reset and time the crossbow, if needed. Usually , I get some velocity loss regardless. Most ever, Aculeus 460 458 -> 441 with 401g arrow. Less with Excalibur but started low already. Virtually all the testers of the SWAT XP lost about 10’/sec even when reset to exactly the same ATA.
I think many crossbow owners check their speedright after getting and then never again. Bet many would be surprised if they did.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
If you let it sit a month it comes back up for a few shots but drops back quickly

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very few of my crossbows have come close to getting advertised speed.
I believe it’s all about marketing, but shooting a 375 gr shaft would seem to put more stress on crossbow than needed.

It would be nice if there was a standardized rating system like vertical bows that use the IBO (I think) of limb poundage, draw length, and arrow weight to calculate their given bow speed. (Wish I knew what that formula was).

Reactions: bbahunter

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Looking at the AMO guidelines would be a good place to start.

Reactions: Rit
1 - 10 of 10 Posts