Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If money were no object, and you had no other obstacles, what would your dream hunt be?

·
329 Posts
to GG:

not a question in my mind. = the target would be CAPE BUFFALO & LEOPARD (BOTH are in NO danger whatever of becoming extinct/threatened, despite what the "animal rights" FRUITS & NUTS say.).

in the short run, i want to take a > 400# black bear with my CB this fall in Canada. (fyi, there's this "really big empty space" in front of our fireplace!!!)

yours, texasnative46

·
211 Posts
I'm with Urban Legend, I'd like to hunt a big moose, I'd like to make a real "way back" camping trip out of it too, no holiday in hotels and ranches with premade blinds, just a guy or two and someone with the knowledge to semi-guide it, and a long trip back into the wilderness...

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
texasnative46 said:
to GG:

not a question in my mind. = the target would be CAPE BUFFALO & LEOPARD (BOTH are in NO danger whatever of becoming extinct/threatened, despite what the "animal rights" FRUITS & NUTS say.).

in the short run, i want to take a > 400# black bear with my CB this fall in Canada. (fyi, there's this "really big empty space" in front of our fireplace!!!)

yours, texasnative46
First Texas Native, I'm glad someone has free wall space cause I haven't had any for a few years with two hunters in the house. I'm hoping Minnesota passes crossbows for this fall bear season. The draw is happening, so I'm putting in for it and praying.
My dream Hunt would be all the big cats of the world and the Pigs and Peccarys of the World. That would keep me hunting in Africa for awhile.
I always wanted a Musk Ox, but I can't deal with the cold, so that's off my list now.

·
329 Posts
HI, GG,

first, GOOD LUCK on the MN Bear!!!! i hope you get a BIG one. they are out there. (i used to be stationed in MN with the Army & saw SEVERAL really BIG ones.)

next, because of the COLD (and that's why, before winter, i'm "giving up" my apartment in NOVA & returning to Bexar County to live.) i'm NOT going to "be a danger to" the musk oxen "up yonder"!

otoh, you CANNOT convince this old country boy that you couldn't make room on a wall, floor and/or bed for a BIG spotted "pussycat" OR a cape buff. (i was born at night, but not last night. = chuckle.)

your "on forum" new friend, texasnative46

·
1,696 Posts
Cape Buffalo with my FA 454!

·
665 Posts
some type of mountain goat or ram. Fair chase up in the mountains or west coast slam bison,elk,pronghorn,black tail, mountain lion and what ever else walks in frt of me

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
My Dream hunt

My dream hunt would be going after the most wanted terrorist, Osama Bin Laden With my Desert Stryker crossbow and Spitfire xp125 broadheads.Then having him cornered in a dead end ravine on his knees at 30 yards.:cool:
Yea,that would be sweet!
Also the Five million dollar reward would be nice.:D

·
Administrator
6,085 Posts
SPECIALIZED said:
My dream hunt would be going after the most wanted terrorist, Osama Bin Laden With my Desert Stryker crossbow and Spitfire xp125 broadheads.Then having him cornered in a dead end ravine on his knees at 30 yards.:D
Yea,that would be sweet!
Also the Five million dollar reward would be nice.:D
XP 125s would kill him too fast. Use judo points instead.:cool:

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Urban Legend said:
XP 125s would kill him too fast. Use judo points instead.:cool:
10 yards would be best!

·
242 Posts
For me: Yukon/Alaskan Moose, Caribou, Brown Bear, Big Black Bear, Mountain Lion, Bison, Bighorn sheep, Mountain Goat...I think that's about it...for now. I think more than the species hunted, if the hunt is a wilderness hunt that has a big dose of adventure involved, that is what really makes the hunt for me and the animals that I get to chase here in Colorado offer me plenty of opportunity to have that adventure. So, until I win the lottery... :^)

·
342 Posts
Grizzly with my Xbow...nothin really too big...lol

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
SPECIALIZED said:
My dream hunt would be going after the most wanted terrorist, Osama Bin Laden With my Desert Stryker crossbow and Spitfire xp125 broadheads.Then having him cornered in a dead end ravine on his knees at 30 yards.:ack2:
Yea,that would be sweet!
Also the Five million dollar reward would be nice.:mad:
I think he's toast already.

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
But I already go on my dream hunt every year in Ohio when it is deer season.
I suppose a moose or elk hunt would be fun too.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Tied with three: Cape Buffalo in South Africa, Dall Sheep in Alaska and Red Stag in New Zealand. All with crossbow of course!

·
1,426 Posts
I am easy.. right now since I have not hunted anything but texas whitetails a couple of times and Louisiana whitetails all my life; anything different, or bigger is dream enough for me right now... I would love an elk hunt or one of the other large four legged critters that taste good... I would of course equally love any bear; even a large hog with the pistol or x bow..it would be super to do it with both or a combination hunt with both.
One day I would love to hunt africa if money and time etc were not factors and thus reality did not enter the picture.
dk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts