Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to the xbow world and brand new to this forum. And there is so very little information and pictures anywhere online about the Droptine. I received a Droptine back last Christmas but never really fooled with it since it was deep into gun season here in Alabama. Long story short I started playing with it here recently and I’m looking for info from anybody that has installed any brand string stops on the Droptine successfully. I ordered some of the Barnett string stops and a day afterwards realized the description said they fit the Droptine XT and not the 2016 version Droptine(My fault). So I’m sure there’s no modding them to fit so they will have to be sent back. And I didnt wanna spend more money on the TenPoint stops if there’s a possibility they may not work. I thought this would be the best place to ask. And if anybody has any info on replacing the curved stock pad with one with a little more grip would be appreciated. I’ve looked at some of the slip on recoil pads but would like to find a pad that may possibly mount right up in the place of the stock pad. Any and all info or pictures of Droptines with upgrades that anyone could add would be appreciated.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I woúld still try the TenPoint SDS on your Droptine. Honestly, the Barnett SDS mountng system does not impress me in regards to its durability.

You may have to remove some material from the TenPoint SDS to make it work, however, I think it is well worth it.

Regarding the butt pad on the stock, I installed a Large Limbsaver slip on recoil pad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m definitely gonna give the Ten Point SDS a try. I did print out all the pages of Limbsaver recoil pad sizes last night to try and get something close to the size but none looked like they would work with screw holes being so far off even with play Limbsaver gives on the hole modifications. I looked at the slip on but I only have about an inch before the check rest curves up. So it wouldn’t allow much of the slip on to catch the butt end of the stock. I still may give it a try but I wouldn’t think it would stay on long with that limited amount of space to grab.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts