Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If it's there to purchase I will be shooting my soon to be delivered ASAP Gold Tip Hunter skinny arrows out of this Xbow.

Sneak peak to what's in the box. Game on!
DRT385XP.jpeg

So now I"m locked into three Xbows.
1. Ten Point Viper S400
2. Barnett TS380
3. Barnett DRT:3805

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
What ever company is manufacturing the crossbows for Barnett
(Plano Synergy) is doing an excellent job of packaging them.

Thanks for sharing.
Take care.

·
Registered
143 Posts
What are the differences between the TS380 and the DRT385? I think that they are pretty much the same bow??

My local Dunham's has the DRT385 in stock and on sale, I am thinking about grabbing one for my son/back up bow.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I was just eyeing up a DRT405 lastnite at local Dunhams, $499 was sticker and gal scanned my 18% off coupon and said it was good.

what's the difference between the 385 and 405 other than speed?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was just eyeing up a DRT405 lastnite at local Dunhams, $499 was sticker and gal scanned my 18% off coupon and said it was good.

what's the difference between the 385 and 405 other than speed?
I think it is just a matter of heavier limbs for more speed, and a brown camo finish instead of gray. I do think that you get an illuminated scope, but from what I gather from others, you will likely want to swap the optic out to better glass for most of us. That is my impression, but others may know better.

·
Registered
104 Posts
What are the differences between the TS380 and the DRT385? I think that they are pretty much the same bow??

My local Dunham's has the DRT385 in stock and on sale, I am thinking about grabbing one for my son/back up bow.
The stock tube is aluminum on the TS and plastic on the DRT, like the XP models. I believe the DRT385 and DRT405 are the same as the XP380 and XP400 and made for Dunham's Sports.

The DRT385 comes with the SDS and CCD, the XP380 does not. The camo appears to be different.

I believe the limb poundage between the TS380 and DRT385 is different and the power stroke as well. The Barnett site has the spec differences between the TS and XP.

The TS is heavier due to more aluminum.

I bought the DRT385 and it does not have an illuminated scope. It is a fixed four power with 4 aim crosshairs.

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
If it's there to purchase I will be shooting my soon to be delivered ASAP Gold Tip Hunter skinny arrows out of this Xbow.

Sneak peak to what's in the box. Game on!
View attachment 196264
So now I"m locked into three Xbows.
1. Ten Point Viper S400
2. Barnett TS380
3. Barnett DRT:3805

Tom - Your going to have an xbow armory pretty soon!

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To get them where I got my XP400 requires some work. TS380 much more out of the box user friendly. Potential is higher with the XP. There are trade offs. TS380 requires little work to make it elite.

XP strings not very good. TS380 strings (OEM) is far superior.

If getting XP385 or XP400 I highly advise getting strings from Marty.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
TS and XP/ DRT models are different xbows. Frame,rails,powerstroke. TS are shorter with a stronger frame. XP/DRT are lighter weight ,longer. XP/DRT have bigger cams and longer power stroke making them capable of greater speed. All have trigger tech.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Oh and to really confuse you.,some xp models have a different style limb than others depending on where you buy them. Some are square and some are tapered on the ends. :unsure:

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Does it have a cable slide? Lol, JK. Sweet looking rig. Y’all sure the strings are different from the XP? That orange and black looks awful familiar to my xp370?
Xp and DRT have the same strings and cables. Same xbow. TS models are completely different. Strings and cable are red and black.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
Looking at the cable pulleys in the picture, set out at the ends of the axle that far from the limbs
would put a lot of added stress on the axle which could result in eventually bending the axle.
If the other cross bow has wider limbs in that area, they could be using the same axle length for
both models, but without the spacers.

The axles on the earlier Barnett's were mild steel and if slightly bent, could be easily straightened.
The pulleys may have to be set that width though to give the cable "Y" section enough cam clearance.

When I levelled the cams on my 2019 Barnett Drop Tine STR, there was not much clearance
between the "Y" section and the cam as it rotated.
This was the crossbow where there was so much negative feed back where it was throwing the
string or dropping it to a lower level on the cam. I purchased that crossbow as a challenge to find
out why so many were having problems. The cam was tilted downward. Levelling the cams ended
that problem, so I submitted feedback to help other readers.

Thanks for sharing.
Take care.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
String stopper modification. Added shims to level the bow strong on the flight rail. Added cable twist and now it's a fast shooter. 405 grain Head Hunter at 396fps. Can go much faster with these cams.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts