Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
Can string stoppers be added to an xp370? It shoots great as is, what’s the major benefit of them?
The string stops are to reduce vibration after the shot. With out them, if one could watch
a video in slow motion, the bow string vibrates until it comes to rest is unreal. The bow
string path starts out fairly wide and gradually gets narrower until it comes to rest.

My crossbows are set with a slight gap between the string and the stops when the crossbow
is in the uncocked position. Other wise when the crossbow is shot it is like running into a brick
wall. Some stops are designed like a shock absorber and will collapse. If you look at the rubber
stops that have a vertical hole, that is the way they are designed. Others are very soft rubber.
Some of the string stop rubbers are poor quality where they appear not properly cured and will
turn mushy and split. I ran into this problem with the Ten Point System when I modified that system
to fit my Barnett Ghost 410 crossbows. I had to go to a better quality rubber stop.

One wants a string stop system that is adjustable due to the way a crossbow can be tuned.
Lessening the axle to axle measurement due to either adding twists to the bow string or advancing
the cams by adding equal 1/2 or full twists to the single loop end of the cable that goes on to the lobe
of the cam will lessen the axle to axle measurement. Either of these adjustments places the bow string
farther from the string stops.

If the XP370 has holes drilled and tapped on the side of the riser, one may be able to add the bow
string stops.
Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Bunnyrabbit, well stated.

As for XP370 if you have two drill holes on the sides of the shooting rail you would be able to purchase from Barnett. You can always call them. Good luck.

Reactions: bunnyrabbit

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
A followup on the DRT/XP series CCD cocking process. Be careful with the CCD cocking. When you are cocking your xbow make sure you hear two audible clicks to make sure you are securely locked into safety mode before you release the brake on the CCD. If you don't you could loose control of the CCD handle and dry fire can happen with the handle spinning as a weapon. This did happen to me on my XP400.

FYI: be cautious and alert to this process.'

Good luck and be safe!

Reactions: bunnyrabbit

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
That's it. Call Barnett and ask for the string stops to purchase for your Xbow. XP or DRT series Xbow. That should get you fixed up. Good Luck!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts