Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum so hi everyone. Been shooting a Raptor fx for 4 or 5 years now and decided to upgrade to the DRT 405. Raptor still has original string and cables and serving all look to be in usable shape even though they are stretched, cams are still in time. Probably put 60 to 75 bolts out of it per year pretty amazing for what I paid. Anyhow been following some of the threads on here about shimming the front to get heavy string pressure off of rail, didn't take much a 1/16 shim is all it took now string very lightly rides the rail but noticed bow already had some right limb cam lean it came that way. I am going to address cam lean after hunting season as the bow shoots great! One of the things I noticed though was that shimming front end exaggerated the lean. Going to keep an eye on string and fix every thing after the season.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Grizzer, Welcome to CBN and the Barnett forum. Lot's of talented people here to help you along the way.

As for cam lean add or decrease to the bottom yoke string to balance the cam. If you have more questions fire away.

Good luck to your hunting season.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Grizzer: I would get the cams leveled now. If not, the bow string can either drop down or come right off.
Barnett's Droptine STR had this problem and no one new why. I bought that series as a challenge and
once I leveled the cams, there was no more problem. Some of the bow shops from feed back I read
later never heard of cam leveling. They would re install the bow string and some would shoot the cross
bow there, only to have the string come off.
Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts