Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
Hunker down, Ramrod.
Good luck to you all that are in or near the path.

·
11,296 Posts
Ramrod, I know the feeling. The eye of that storm looks to come through here around 3:00 to 4:00 in the morning. Hang tight and let’s hope it’s not too bad.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I have friends in Sebastian Florida, a daughter in Jacksonville. This one was uneventful...Friends in Sebastian spent two days preparing and rain gauge had 0 inches when she passed by. Daughter had some wind and a little rain, typical Florida weather. Good Luck to everyone in her path.

·
8,907 Posts
Typical media … hysteria drumming up advertising revenues by scaring everyone into tuning into their channels for days and days. Started out that we would be hit with a 12 hour hurricane, then magically reduced to a gale, now it's down to 6 hours of up to 30mph winds. I battened things down yesterday to keep things from flying around. I keep 15 gallons of gasoline on hand, have a suitcase EU2000 Honda, a Honda 5,000 watt and a Miller 9,000 watt generator, a dozen extension cords, along with two Stihl chainsaws. I take weather hysteria with a "show me" attitude, and don't worry much about storms. :) Besides, I have cousins down the Jersey shore who always get hit with heavy weather first...lol I get texts.;)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Blowing through my neck of the woods now... serious heavy rain..but that seems to be over?? Real windy though..I'm about 30 miles NW of Filthadelphia

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Preparation, I don't think this one was supposed to be anything like they have been. Most will be well prepared for this one as they have been thru much worse, but there will always be be a few hit hard with ant storm system. Good luck to all and hope the cleanup is little for all being affected by this one.

Sad thing is I've only mowed once in 6 weeks here, and I would welcome just a little of that rain, 2 or 3 inches would be nice here, I know some are looking at far more. But my point is we are not supposed to see a drop from this one spinning off are way,,,,, again, stay prepaired for one of them scattered bad ones and good luck!

·
8,907 Posts
Rained … like crazy for about 30 minutes. Blew like mad for about 3 hours. Ton of leaves off my oaks. Few branches came down. One 10" limb of a neighbor's tree hanging in my yard. Sun is out, still blowing a bit. Typical Chicken Little media "sky is falling" situation. :)

·
11,296 Posts
We won’t be so lucky not to have more Atlantic storms coming our way.
Hard to believe we are only 8 weeks away from bow season.

·
8,907 Posts
Four hours … with 2 chainsaws, my John Deere 6x4 Gator towing a 10'x6' yard trailer with sides and cleaned up all the branches & limbs that came down on my six contiguous neighbor's properties. Truckload of debris piled in the street for the town to pick up. :)

Finished up at 9:00pm. Got a call from my Sheila about 25 miles away; no electricity for up to 3 days. Her whole gang is working from home. So after a shower and chow, loaded up my delightful Honda EU2000i inverter generator, 5 extension cords, gasoline, and owner's manual to head north. Got them all setup, a quick tutorial on the generator which I haven't used since hurricane Sandy, and refrigerator plugged in, got home zero dark thirty. No rest for the weary ...lol ;)

Reactions: Generator

·
8,907 Posts
You are a good man Duke!
Cut the lawns ... this morning which chopped up any remaining leaves & twigs. You'd hardly know we had a blow yesterday. ;)

Checked with the Sheila troop. All their computers are running like a clock, food was saved and all is joyful in Mudville...lol They're happy as little clams. Obviously liberal democrats need conservatives to save their bacon during a crisis...lol:p The little suitcase Honda is getting it done. Last time I used it I ran my hot water boiler, television and refrigerator, as well as my ole man's TV, refrigerator and furnace for a few days. That sucker is amazing! Hard to beat Honda products. I used a Yamaha on a project and the boss was sorry he didn't buy a Honda. The Yammy was hard to start and persnickety to keep running right.

Have some tea, then out in the shop to fabricate a reinforcing bracket so my buddy can carry a spare tire on his new RV.

Reactions: Generator

·
2,801 Posts
We got 5” of rain from some non-special storm Sunday, (locally heavy amounts), another 6” yesterday (yep, that ain’t good). Parts of town were closed. Son, DIL, and kids were over till they could go around town and get home. Water in basement (not too bad), but only because the power went out for about an hour. Could have been worse. Too busy to worry about news/propaganda TV.

·
11,296 Posts
We got 7” in just a few hours yesterday. I’ve never seen it rain so heavily. Roads were closed in many places. Crazy stuff going on in our country............even the weather :rolleyes:

·
8,907 Posts
My lawn … that was late August burned brown in June already, is lush green and growing like a jungle again with all the rain lately.

·
2,801 Posts
Going for our third sweet corn harvest in a few minutes. First two were like walking in a swamp with a few pounds of mud on each boot. Hope today is a little drier.

·
11,296 Posts
Just heard on radio, official rainfall in this vicinity was upwards of 10 inches in spots. I’ve been here a long time and have never seen anything like this before. A radio announcer just used the word historic to describe it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts