Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the official cam sync measurements are and the reference points for measurement? In addition, does anyone know exactly what the ATA uncocked is supposed to be? I know 16.5" is what is advertised, but my reason for questioning is that I want to ensure I am getting all that I can out of my bow.

Mine is measuring about 1.5/16" greater than 16.5" for the ATA and I'm shooting 375 FPS with a 415 grain total weigh Spynal Tapp bolt to include the 100 grain field tip.

Also, does anyone know the weight of the DeathStalker bolts with 100 grain field tip?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Kurt

·
2,790 Posts
DS arrows weigh 375 with a 100 grn tip.......

Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My DS 420 is set on 16.5" ATA and the holes are 13/16" to the center on the cams.

Robert,

Do you know of any images that would describe the the 13/16" measurements? I'm measuring 15/16" from the limb to the center of the first small circle in the cams inboard of the limbs on the lower side of the cam when looking from the top. If 13/16" is what the measurement is supposed to be then that could explain why I am seeing a bit slower speed out of my bow as the limbs are not compressed inward enough.

·
Registered
10,423 Posts
You measure from the limb to the middle of the hole. Sounds like you need a twist or two in each cable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You measure from the limb to the middle of the hole. Sounds like you need a twist or two in each cable.
Thanks Robert. I'm thinking the same thing about bringing in the limbs with a twist to each cable. I'm still trying to locate the official timing measurement. Do you know if 13/16" is the correct advertised cam timing measurement for the DS420?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Robert,
I ended up twisting the string (not the cables) and it brought the ATA down to 16.5" and brought the timing points into 13/16". Hope this helps others if they read the thread.

·
Registered
10,423 Posts
You will be shooting bullet holes now I hope. :)
Sounds like only your string stretched a tad on you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts