Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter knows I hate seagulls. She had heard me call them dump ducks. We came back from a friend's beach house that we can use every weekend of the summer. She grabs a crossbow and tells me too bad there are people on beach or I would get rid of them. They are only 70 yards away
image.jpg
IMG_20200719_122303_9.jpg
image.jpg

·
Crossbow Nut
3,077 Posts
Rats with wings.

Reactions: Generator and Rit

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Like them or not, it is illegal to shoot them in Ontario, Canada.

Reactions: Rit and Jack Pine

·
Crossbow Nut
3,077 Posts
Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
6,485 Posts
That would make good target practice. Maybe find a desolate and remote part of the beach where there's no people and get some shooting in..... just a thought...

·
Registered
6,485 Posts
I guess that's why there's so many Seagulls....

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
I had to take a rod from a guy that was about to pop the line with about 200 yards of line out there and reel in this one and unhook it for him to save it. Do any of you guys recognize what bird this is? A hint: They are rarely seen not flying. :)

·
Crossbow Nut
3,077 Posts
It's only a Federal crime, no big deal. :rolleyes:
Meanwhile it's OK to burn federal buildings in some places; OK to kill human babies, but that doesn't matter to some.

·
Crossbow Nut
3,077 Posts
I had to take a rod from a guy that was about to pop the line with about 200 yards of line out there and reel in this one and unhook it for him to save it. Do any of you guys recognize what bird this is? A hint: They are rarely seen not flying. :)
Albatross?

·
Crossbow Nut
3,077 Posts

·
Crossbow Nut
3,077 Posts
Frigate bird?

Reactions: SavedWretch

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Here too.
Shot a barn owl with a 22 short from about 50 yards out and 15-20 yards up some 40 years ago.
Open sights back then, of course.
Thought it was a squirrel's nest.
Buddy and I exclaimed "WTH was that" when these huge wings unfolded while it fell to the ground next to a creek.
After bragging to Friends the next day, we both quickly found out it was illegal to shoot them as well here in Ontario ..
OOOOOOPS!

·
Crossbow Nut
3,077 Posts
I did afterward, I just got in a lucky guess. I'm thinkin that they are a very disappointed species of bird that, when having an especially bad day, have reportedly been heard going around flying and saying "frig it" repeatedly. How they got their name, I'm told...

Reactions: KTownKiller
1 - 20 of 27 Posts