Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure hope my crossbows are still hangen on the wall...

My house is about 20 miles from center of the 5.+ quake today!

Mike

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Just watched the news. It was a 6.7 and 72 dead so far. After shocks coming? Duck! Let us know if everythings okay.

·
1,426 Posts
hope your stuff and your family and all you care about are all spared... sounds unreal did not realize it had occured... it is too gooey here for an earthquake.
dk

·
342 Posts
all OK here, I was about 5mi from the epicenter...stuff moved around alot, but nothing damaged my way, I was east of it 5mi...just a very good seris of jolts lasting about 15 seconds. as of 11:00pm pst 1 EQ @ 5.4 magnitude 60 aftershocks so far..
about all it did for us, was knock our land line out for about 30 minutes, and knocked out cell phones for about a hour, both Nextel and T-Mobile for us.
:lol:

·
352 Posts
So. Illinois Earthquake

The 5.4 earthquake that hit So. California today was the same magnitude as occured in So. Illinois on April 18th, around 4:40 a.m. Being about 30 miles from the epicenter, it felt like a freight train was passing through the house for a good 10 - 15 seconds. Needless-to-say, it ruined my turkey hunting for that morning as I stayed home to check for any damage, fortunately finding none. That was my first, and hopefully my last, quake experience. I hope you and yours survived with little or no discomfort. Tom

·
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep...no damage here.

First thing when I walked in the house...I have a Robin Hood(ed) pair of arrows on a shelf above the TV...that was on the floor.
A hand full of the end books off of a shelf....a few other little things on the floor. I was worried about one of my old cars on jack stands...it's ok.

Strange...I've lived in So. Cal. since my beginning...the Northridge quake (70's) actually knocked me out of bed..! But all the rest we've had, hasn't even knocked anything over till yesterday.

All is well...this time!

Hey target...where do you shoot?

Mike

·
327 Posts
Mike said:
Yep...no damage here.

First thing when I walked in the house...I have a Robin Hood(ed) pair of arrows on a shelf above the TV...that was on the floor.
A hand full of the end books off of a shelf....a few other little things on the floor. I was worried about one of my old cars on jack stands...it's ok.

Strange...I've lived in So. Cal. since my beginning...the Northridge quake (70's) actually knocked me out of bed..! But all the rest we've had, hasn't even knocked anything over till yesterday.

All is well...this time!

Mike
Mike... glad all is well.

·
342 Posts
Mike said:
Yep...no damage here.

All is well...this time!

Mike
I have 10 yards in my garage that I shoot thru a chorno, and 33yrds in my backyard....other than that all of my shooting is hunting in the field...:D

·
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Spar.

target -
My shooting is across the living room, to the end of the hall way.
For long distance...I step out the back door (in line with the hall !). Back door to target is just over 18 yards.

Mike

·
342 Posts
Mike said:
Thanks Spar.

target -
My shooting is across the living room, to the end of the hall way.
For long distance...I step out the back door (in line with the hall !). Back door to target is just over 18 yards.

Mike
Where do you live in So Cal...maybe we can get together for a few shots...Lytle Creek range or something...or maybe even my backyard...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts