Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This buck was a nice ten last year. Looks like he's done well this spring /summer. This was on 7/5 so he's grown since then and might have a couple of weeks left to top that rack off. I'll try to add another pic or two later in the season. Love watching them grow!
STC_0046.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,341 Posts
A good 'un for sure. I run cameras about 10 months a year....sometimes more if theyre toting their racks lake into the first of the next year. I put 'em back out when they start growing horns again.

Reactions: bofos

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
That is a really nice looking Texas buck and I bet he's free range too. He looks like a 12 or a 13 pt in that picture! That's a wall hanger for sure. Good luck!

Is the Eastern Texas Panhandle near Dallas? ;) Just kidding.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes sir, we're low fence over there. Never know what's gonna show up!
He has that little sticker on his left brow and in another pic looks like he has 2 separate brows on the right. Unusual for sure.

Rich, you know the term "near" is different for Texas than the rest of the world.... so yeah, I'm just around the corner :cool:

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
I'd be very excited to see that deer at one of my feeder during dusk hours. A very interesting rack. Hope you get some more pictures of him you can share.

I hunt not far from Lake Texoma on the south side, in an archery only county and there's still a lot of pressure that keeps the mature bucks nocturnal. But like you said, you never know what may walk by some cool November day.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My place is remote, but very small and really no "resident" deer.... but, they bed next door and travel through my place to water and forage. Several scrapes throughout and a good rub line or two in the fall. I try to keep it pretty calm on my place, but my set up wasn't right last year. I got on this place late summer last year so we just threw up feeders, cams and blinds and went with it. After watching during the season and scouting after the season, I moved stuff around in relation to deer travel and prevailing winds. also put up a tripod as a set to use when the wind isn't right for my primary site. Heck, that's most of the fun....the "hunting" part! ;)

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
Good for you! Sounds like a good spot in the makin. That's a great deal of the enjoyment I take in as well. I'm in year three on the property I hunt and it's been a steep learning curve, which I'm still on. I'm a transitional area as well but I think I can change that over time. It's big woods mostly now and way over grown. A 1/3 of it could be opened up for a hilly savanna / wooded area I think deer would appreciate more. More projects for 2021!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts