Crossbow Nation banner

Eastman Outdoors Crossbow

9K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  boddah4 
#1 ·
Any of our members shoot this bow yet? I wonder if it is any good?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hmmm..

Looks amazingly like a next generation Darton! Lot's-a Darton details.

Haven't seen any other than pictures. Looks interesting.

Mike

P.s. - matter of fact...looking again..I'd be willing to bet it's made by Darton.
The track, trigger box, Weaver rail, riser, limb hold downs, foot claw.... Only the stock is "slightly" different.
Only thing I'm not sure I see is the safety release, unless it's the dark spot under the scope.
The stock is actually nicer than the Darton sold bows!

#3 ·
Spot on, Mike..

Even the tread like pattern on the limb braces are identical to the Darton Impact. The back end is a tad different and the front portion of the stock is trimmed down but overall it looks like a Darton.

I'd imagine the performance specs are remarkably similar as well.

#7 ·
I looked at the Eastman sight.

The 300 and 500 series appear to use the Darton trigger box and bow assembly. They have a plastic stock/track though.
I know many bows use the plastic stock/track...I'm just not convinced...!

The 800 series is a full Darton (extruded aluminum track) with the revised stock as we talked about and Ed verified.
The 800 series has the same spec's as last years Darton "Stinger". It has visually the same cams and the same power stroke.

At 590.00 bucks...not a bad deal.

Mike

#8 ·
Mike said:
I looked at the Eastman sight.

The 300 and 500 series appear to use the Darton trigger box and bow assembly. They have a plastic stock/track though.
I know many bows use the plastic stock/track...I'm just not convinced...!

The 800 series is a full Darton (extruded aluminum track) with the revised stock as we talked about and Ed verified.
The 800 series has the same spec's as last years Darton "Stinger". It has visually the same cams and the same power stroke.

At 590.00 bucks...not a bad deal.

Mike
Amen, Mike.

Not a bad deal at all. THE Ten Poing GT Curve I've fired at Jerry's Bait and Tackle has a Verton Rail (Plastic). I was skeptic at first, but the thing shoots sweet and smooth. I don't know how a plastic rail will wear over time but I'm sure we'l hear about the issues if things fall apart. Ten Point makes some pretty good stuff and these crossbows look just as sweet. If only I had some money (that the wife didn't know about).

#10 ·
Mike said:
Ah yes.....that's one reason I'm not married.
Car stuff, motorcycle stuff, crossbows, et al...!
But...you also need a map to get from my front door to....well...most anywhere in the house!

Mike
Great idea! But, you could always find a long term girlfirend that goes and buys the toys too. Works good that way. Then, you don't have to worry about the indoor trail and dinner either. There's a difference between girlfriend and wife. Trust me, it works best like I'm telling you.

#11 ·
Oh, is that what I've been doing wrong all these years?

(4 times):D Seriously, getting the right one can be a challenge. I got lucky I guess, or my picking expertise got better as I got older. I now have a PHD in divorce but don't get a chance to use the education anymore and I kind of like it that way.

I saw that crossbow at the ATA. I thought at that time it looked "Dartonish".

#13 ·
Eastman XForce 500

I received mine today, one sweet looking bow. The whole thing is "rubberised"-silentech or something... It sits nice in the shoulder at 9lb, total weight. Trigger pull is a little hard but hopefully it will break in nicely.

I shot about 5 arrows at 10 yards with the 3dot scope, very accurate even when not sighted in properly. I will have to tighten up my butt, as I am getting near pass-throughs with the alum 22" arrows that came with the bow. I am using the same butt for my compound Martin Cheeta bow at 70lb, about the same arrow-weight.

I will try to get access to a chrono in the coming week, as mine sits on the wall "killed" with a carbon through its inners.

I ordered 12 Carbon Express 22" arrows with the xbow, 100 gr fieldpoints weighing in at 470grain total, still in the box though.

Kind regards

#15 ·
Eastman X-Force

Shot it yesterday through the chrony, it was bad weather, almost no sun.
Distance from chrony-10feet
Arrow- 495grain alum
Speed-300-301 fps
I am quite happy, still have to test the carbon 470grains in the days to come:)

#17 ·
I'm glad it works well for you, I just have that feeling in the back of my mind about a company putting it's name on another companies product. What happens when it needs repair or something and that company has parted ways with the actual mfg. company? Kinda like buying generic pain killers. You never know for sure, what you're getting.
Love the pop up blinds though. I'm sorry but I have to say it. I worry, or get the feeling that Eastman is in trouble and may not be around. Just an instinct from dealing with them until lately.

#18 ·
Eastman xforce 300

I just bought this crossbow two weeks ago and I love it. It has a nice comfortable feel to it, well balanced, sturdy and goes like a rocket. It is nice and quiet as well. No need for string silencers. Mine is a 165lb draw and travels at 300 FPS. I added a cocking aid, deck wax, 125 grain low profile broad heads and a scope cover (all excalibur products)

The price was right as well. I bought it for $399 (Canadian) I am sure that it is probably about a hundred bucks cheaper in the States.

The forearm grip has a spot to curl your fingers under as well. This is a great safety feature for someone who has big hands and long fingers (like me) I have seen a couple of guys take finger nails and skin off with Excaliburs.

If anyone is looking for a good crossbow and doesn't want to spend a fortune then I suggest checking out an Eastman.

#19 ·
X-force 800

I just bought the xforce 800,shoots real well,i thought about upgrading but this one is shooting well and after some advise on this website im going to shoot it for a while,and the service has been very good,due to my inexper. i did a couple of things wrong and they fix the problem right away.BH

#22 ·
Texaslawdawg said:
I just bought a brand new 800 Pro in the box with all the accessories for $300! It shoots great. I have to track down some tinging noises when shooting it though.
Welcome to the world of crossbows! That tinging noise is probably more from the foot stirrup than all else combined. Have fun with your new purchase and welcome to the site.

#24 ·
Great find price wise.....

It's basically a Darton Crossbow. The riser, limbs, trigger, track/rail, stirrup, are most definatly Darton.
I'd guess the stock is also...
Very nice crossbows, I've got three Dartons.
No problems. They are very easy on strings also.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.