Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking for a sling for my r29 that is versatile. I read countless threads on slings and was looking at the Ultimate or Slogan slings but wasn't positive they'd work for me. Sometimes I want to carry it like a rifle over the shoulder, other times I need it carried crossbody in front (strap behind neck) - like when I have a bigger pack or climber on my back. My problem using a rifle style sling is carrying crossbody the pad can never get in the right place on my neck. I liked riflenut's idea of putting the sling on backwards in this thread but it just didn't fit me.

I didn't want to invest a lot of money in a trial sling so I got a $12 butler creek easy rider sling from walmart. It works great for over the shoulder, comfortable and it has some stretch to it that takes makes it ride nice on uneven terrain. But it needs more adjustment to carry crossbody. I took the slider part off an old cheap sling and put it on the other end of the sling, so now the sling has 2 adjustable sliders. Depending on how I carry, its easy to adjust either or both sides. The crossbow can carry level in front by putting a strap outside of the stock and outside of the limb. Works great for me and even if you had to buy 2 slings for the parts, its almost half the cost of the ravin or any other sling.
IMG_9763.jpg
IMG_9764.jpg
IMG_9765.jpg

·
Registered
123 Posts
Not sure if this would work for you or not. It is a 3 point sling, you can just Google 3 point sling to buy one and a bunch of companies carry them. They are a military style sling with a little bit a bungee material in them which you can tighten or loosen. Lots of different ways to carry with them.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts