Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don't want to complain about this as I'm extremely grateful to 10pts incredible customer service. As I've said in a recent thread, they didn't just fix my Vapor I sent in, but send me a brand new one as if I never bought it. New bow, arrows, case, Evo scope, two packs of broadheads, everything! But the Evo scope they sent is different then the one I got with the original vapor I bought. Looks different, but most importantly is dramatically different optical performance. Again I hate to whine as they sent me the damn thing free! But the reticle itself is much smaller in size tho hard to tell in pictures. The image isn't nearly as bright and colorful, and not nearly as sharp. Almost to the point I think it's defective. Thoughts? One with the evo logo on the side is the new one they sent. Think you'll be able to tell quickly which is which lol

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Possibly a coating on the glass? Did you clean?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I assure you it's not. Side by side at full power with the original evo the difference in clarity is striking.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I have to go with a focus out of adjustment also. I just need to ask, and please do not get offended or take this the wrong way, but do you know how to adjust the scopes focus. That would be accomplished by turning the rear reticule ring. The best way to do this is by looking through the scope at a blue sky and turn the reticule until the crosshairs are crisp and bold. If that does not change clarity, by all means contact Tenpoint. They will take care of it if it is a scope malfunction. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I really don't want to complain about this as I'm extremely grateful to 10pts incredible customer service. As I've said in a recent thread, they didn't just fix my Vapor I sent in, but send me a brand new one as if I never bought it. New bow, arrows, case, Evo scope, two packs of broadheads, everything! But the Evo scope they sent is different then the one I got with the original vapor I bought. Looks different, but most importantly is dramatically different optical performance. Again I hate to whine as they sent me the damn thing free! But the reticle itself is much smaller in size tho hard to tell in pictures. The image isn't nearly as bright and colorful, and not nearly as sharp. Almost to the point I think it's defective. Thoughts? One with the evo logo on the side is the new one they sent. Think you'll be able to tell quickly which is which lol View attachment 186947 View attachment 186948 View attachment 186949
Hey Mike,

I've experienced the exact same problem as you. I bought a Vengent S440 and the Rangemaster scope was broken. I contacted TP and upgraded to the Evo-X. The scope I got was awful, just like what's in your lower photo. I contacted them again telling them how awful the scope was, and they sent me another Evo. Unfortunately, this one is only marginally better than the first. Both have the marking on the cap.

And yes, I do know how to adjust focus on a scope, and no improvement. I wonder what's going on with their optics?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know if they're using different suppliers for their scopes, but one is definitely not as good as the other

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I don’t know if anything changed but I just got a new range master pro and I can adjust illumination way down maybe they fixed that

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Hey Mike,

I've experienced the exact same problem as you. I bought a Vengent S440 and the Rangemaster scope was broken. I contacted TP and upgraded to the Evo-X. The scope I got was awful, just like what's in your lower photo. I contacted them again telling them how awful the scope was, and they sent me another Evo. Unfortunately, this one is only marginally better than the first. Both have the marking on the cap.

And yes, I do know how to adjust focus on a scope, and no improvement. I wonder what's going on with their optics?
I don't know if they're using different suppliers for their scopes, but one is definitely not as good as the other
Hi Gents.
Did either of you contact TenPoint yet?
If so, what did they say?

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
two scopes showing different views? Hard to tell, and one set above the other with setting different so we can't even assess if they are the same, one shows speed setting, one shows nothing but a g93 on the eyepiece, with different caps,, is it the same model, same speed settings, hard to evaluate when both are shown in different settings?

But two very different views looking thru them the way you are showing them for sure????

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Gents.
Did either of you contact TenPoint yet?
If so, what did they say?
I'm going to Monday. The replacement Vapor they just sent me with this scope derailed and bent a cam on the fifth shot out of the box. My 10pt luck has been fantastic to say the least lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
two scopes showing different views? Hard to tell, and one set above the other with setting different so we can't even assess if they are the same, one shows speed setting, one shows nothing but a g93 on the eyepiece, with different caps,, is it the same model, same speed settings, hard to evaluate when both are shown in different settings?

But two very different views looking thru them the way you are showing them for sure????
In the photo, they are at two different zoom levels which is my fault and should have shown them at the same level. However, I can assure you there is a dramatic difference in quality, especially when cranked up all the way. It is NOT a focus issue. If tenpoint uses two different manufacturers, one clearly isn't putting out the same quality as the other.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
I'm going to Monday. The replacement Vapor they just sent me with this scope derailed and bent a cam on the fifth shot out of the box. My 10pt luck has been fantastic to say the least lol
I don't understand what "derailed" means but a bent cam is surely a bummer, sorry to hear that, Mike.
I am sure they will fix you up.

·
9,279 Posts
You have ... the original scope AND the new one that came with the replacement Vapor? If so I'd just put the old one on and be happy. ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You have ... the original scope AND the new one that came with the replacement Vapor? If so I'd just put the old one on and be happy. ;)
Understood. I just hate to have a crappy scope laying around the house. I'd sell it but don't want to screw someone else over. I just don't understand how they can package such a crappy scope in a 3k package

·
9,279 Posts
Understood. I just hate to have a crappy scope laying around the house. I'd sell it but don't want to screw someone else over. I just don't understand how they can package such a crappy scope in a 3k package
I doubt ... they realized the newer run of EVO scopes were going to be inferior to the ones that were getting rave reviews. They may not be saying anything, but I'd guess they're at least as unhappy as their customers about it. Probably a lot more so. :( :mad:

Reactions: SEW
1 - 20 of 20 Posts