Crossbow Nation banner
81 - 100 of 113 Posts

Registered
Yep -- I'm only 5'10" and I run out of "room" to pull up on my 420TD right about the moment it "clicks" -- it's doable, but I obviously prefer to use the crank system.
I'm going to play dumb. DUH! wait I am dumb.馃ぃ I never knew you could use a rope cocking devise on the 420TD. I'm assuming you cock it like it like my matrix 330?

Registered
E420TD + 458gr.
I'm going to play dumb. DUH! wait I am dumb.馃ぃ I never knew you could use a rope cocking devise on the 420TD. I'm assuming you cock it like it like my matrix 330?
Yes. The first 2-3 times I cocked my 420TD when it was new were with the factory rope-cocker. The first time I couldn't get it to lock in --- eventually I figured out it was because it was on "safe." Make sure your bow is on "fire," and get ready for a LONG and heavy pull. Once the string FULLY locks in (not just so it's only caught by the ADF), put your bow on "safe." I'm 5' 10" and if the draw had been an inch or two longer, I simply wouldn't have had the range-of-pull for to do it using my unmodified rope-cocker. Again, it can be done, but after a couple times, you'll appreciate the crank-system even more!

Registered
Yes. The first 2-3 times I cocked my 420TD when it was new were with the factory rope-cocker. The first time I couldn't get it to lock in --- eventually I figured out it was because it was on "safe." Make sure your bow is on "fire," and get ready for a LONG and heavy pull. Once the string FULLY locks in (not just so it's only caught by the ADF), put your bow on "safe." I'm 5' 10" and if the draw had been an inch or two longer, I simply wouldn't have had the range-of-pull for to do it using my unmodified rope-cocker. Again, it can be done, but after a couple times, you'll appreciate the crank-system even more!
You should shorten your rope to where you have to hook on 1 hook and then pull the string up several inches by hand to hook on the other hook. You will find the crossbow much easier to cock then.

Registered
Hi all guys! I am sending here some pictures of the 420 TD and 400TD (spare) HO limbs. Here I looked at them in more detail and compared them. I got an idea about the tips of the limbs! The Armor tips of the HO limbs are slightly bigger than the normal Gen 2 limb Tips, they are probably industrially glued to the hole in the tip (see the picture), but I believe they are still glued with epoxy and as good as the armor tips if they are only properly attached. My thought is that it would probably be wise to fill the hole at the tip as well. It could be filled with 2-component epoxy ????? I could be wrong about this, but it still feels like there could be something to it...
Natural material Gesture Wood Cuisine Dish

Animal product Wood Textile Font Feather

Body jewelry Wood Jewellery Cuisine Ring

Liquid Cosmetics Automotive lighting Lipstick Fluid

Premium Member
Excalibur Assassin 400TD
Hi all guys! I am sending here some pictures of the 420 TD and 400TD (spare) HO limbs. Here I looked at them in more detail and compared them. I got an idea about the tips of the limbs! The Armor tips of the HO limbs are slightly bigger than the normal Gen 2 limb Tips, they are probably industrially glued to the hole in the tip (see the picture), but I believe they are still glued with epoxy and as good as the armor tips if they are only properly attached. My thought is that it would probably be wise to fill the hole at the tip as well. It could be filled with 2-component epoxy ????? I could be wrong about this, but it still feels like there could be something to it...
View attachment 229322
View attachment 229323
View attachment 229320
View attachment 229321

Will the 420 limbs fit on the 400 risers?

Registered
I just noticed that the 360 model has the same 15" power stroke as Assasin 400TD model. If you buy 360 limbs (285 lbs) or less, it is an easier rope cock and a good option for those who shoot a lot at the target. In summary, I can say that there are many limbs 360, 400 and 420 or 440 (the limbs are the same, but the deflection number in them can be bigger?) It is possible for us to do a wide range of shooting with different "calibers" 馃挜

Premium Member
Excalibur Assassin 400TD
I just noticed that the 360 model has the same 15" power stroke as Assasin 400TD model. If you buy 360 limbs (285 lbs) or less, it is an easier rope cock and a good option for those who shoot a lot at the target. In summary, I can say that there are many limbs 360, 400 and 420 or 440 (the limbs are the same, but the deflection number in them can be bigger?) It is possible for us to do a wide range of shooting with different "calibers" 馃挜

440?

Registered
The 360 limbs are exactly the same size as the Micro 400 limbs in the photo, they just look longer. the attachment to the riser is identical (the hole is exactly the same) HO limbs are thicker at the tip end. The speed is determined by the length of the power stroke together with the limb strength/bending marking (factory number) together 馃憤

The 360 limbs are exactly the same size as the Micro 400 limbs in the photo, they just look longer. the attachment to the riser is identical (the hole is exactly the same) HO limbs are thicker at the tip end. The speed is determined by the length of the power stroke together with the limb strength/bending marking (factory number) together
So you are basically saying I can fit the HO limbs on the 340TD that I've got. Wish I knew this before buying a spare set.

JH HUNTER

Registered
So you are basically saying I can fit the HO limbs on the 340TD that I've got. Wish I knew this before buying a spare set.

JH HUNTER
According to this information, it should fit?, if the 340 TD is the same riser as the 360 TD, you can get more certainty by sending the exact dimensions (mm) of the 340 TD limb attachment point (mm) and a picture of them. I believe that it is suitable when the Raisers of the TD models are compatible with each other... I am making this arrangement to let us all know that it can be possible 馃憤
I have to remember that the 340 TD model has a power stroke of 13" and the 360 TD and 400 TD it is 15", what is its effect on the whole?

81 - 100 of 113 Posts