Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here uses these broad heads and how have they worked for you? I like the idea of the extra weight and they do good out to 60 yards for me. My dad shot a doe last year quartered to and drove the bolt through her and hit her femur and broke it. All this penetration with a Excalibur Grizzly shooting maybe 280FPS.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Love that MO(mentum)! I shoot a 570 gr arrow that includes a 200 gr insert. Initial velocity is around 282 fps, range out to 35 yards. I expect my 125 gr Ramcat to break anything that gets between me and the heart.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I used them couple years ago when I had my Micro 355. Hard hitters for sure.

Took this guy 30ish yds, pass thru behind shoulders, went maybe 40yds.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've been using Excalibur 150gr Boltcutters for a few years now in my 2005 Phoenix. Very impressive penetration results which tells me if it works leave it alone!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tried them with my 350 and could not get the to shoot good past 30 yards. The most accurate fixed blade I've tried is the Muzzy 100 grain 4 blade. I went with an expandable and am happy with the accuracy.

·
Registered
342 Posts
The only 9 deer I've ever killed with crossbow have all been with Boltcutters. Always flew true for me and bust through ribs nice and blades are easy to replace. Blood trails have ranged from light to buckets, but I've retrieved every deer I've stuck one through and that's what counts.

Reactions: Oncebitten
1 - 6 of 6 Posts