Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I'm new here so this question will be little dumb maybe. I change string on my excalibur exocet 200. String is original excalibur but i can't get a propper brace height. Twist or untwist string doesn't help. So can i go shooting and string will stretch for a while? Am i right?
Sorry for my english

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hey. I'm new here so this question will be little dumb maybe. I change string on my excalibur exocet 200. String is original excalibur but i can't get a propper brace height. Twist or untwist string doesn't help. So can i go shooting and string will stretch for a while? Am i right?
Sorry for my english
Yeah just shoot it, it'll break in and you'll get some twists in it. My Vortex is same frame as your Exocet, and when I set my brace height just off the bumpers it ends up being really close to where yours is showing. No problem for you to run it at the back line once it settles in.

·
Registered
10,467 Posts
Excal started making the new strings short a few years back as they had a problem with some dealers letting the strings stretch until they were damaging the string stops as they apparently had no idea how to set the brace height.. So they are a little tighter to put on with a higher brace height but they will stretch and get back to where they are supposed to be soon.

·
Registered
13,241 Posts
You could always leave your bow cocked for a couple days and let the string stretch all the way out. Then set your brace height and youre good to go!;)

Reactions: DrJuice
1 - 6 of 6 Posts