Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to give give my wrist a break so I ask how are you guys liking the Ext crank ?
Also can it be used to change out strings and make adjustments ?
Thanks

·
Registered
381 Posts
The charger ext is next on my purchase list. I'm waiting for a 10% off sale at Cabela's.
I then need to figure out how to mount it on my 355 Matrix.

·
Registered
562 Posts
The charger ext is next on my purchase list. I'm waiting for a 10% off sale at Cabela's.
You just need to buy the bracket accessory, and then drill 2 holes in the back of the stock so that the front ramp portion of the Charger rests up against the butt stock when it locks into place. I spoke to Danny Miller about this extensively and he has made it work with any plastic stock excalibur you can get. I just got a bracket to put on an Axiom actually.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Oh and if you go on ebay, filter your search results to "accepts offers", you'll find plenty of sellers willing to do so. Start at $170, you might be pleasantly surprised...

·
Banned
5,838 Posts
I just held it to my stock, outlined where it sat. Then I guestimated with the mounting bracket, drilled 2 holes at it fit perfect! You’ll have to pull the string up to the hooks about an inch. Other than that, it’s really easy to retrofit. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Reactions: wheelsquad

·
Registered
381 Posts
Does the EXT come with the bracket?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Does the bracket go on the backside of the stock or the side of the stock?

·
Banned
5,838 Posts
Yes it cones with everything you need, even the Allen wrench. Mark the outline of the crank on your stock. Hold one side of the bracket approximately where it would go in the crank, mark the 2 holes, drill them then instal the bracket. Slip the crank on and it should be fine. It really isn’t that hard to retrofit it on a Matrix stock. Good luck!

·
Registered
562 Posts
@BigBowMan is exactly right. It really is that easy. I've been meaning to do this on an Axiom, so decided to tonight. Slipped the charger over the stock, turned it upside down, slipped the 2 mounting block halves into place, and traced around the edges of the blocks

Then I removed everything, used a c-clamp to hold the block that has the through-holes (vs the tapped hole block), and drilled the 2 holes through the stock.

IMG_20200711_211355.jpg

Then I simply bolted the block halves on. Charger held in place up against the ramp of the stock like its supposed to be.

This was on an old Exo stock (I'll need a longer rope for it now), but the idea is the same for a Matrix.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Thanks alot! Looks easy enough.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Cabela's had their 10% off sale yesterday and i ordered the charger. Only cost me a little over$10 due to my points, free shipping, gift card and veterans points. Good deal! Can't wait to install it. The shooting range in the park is still closed due to covid. Mayor closed them but he can go up to door county on vacation and i can't shoot at an outside park, go figure!

·
Banned
5,838 Posts
Come over to my farm in Ripon. You can shoot out to 100yds with no problem!

·
Registered
81 Posts
If I may give you big recommendation, get a second crank handle. You then crank like you're "pedaling" a hand bike. It makes cocking and de-cocking much, much easier. Thanks to @retro for that tip.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Come over to my farm in Ripon. You can shoot out to 100yds with no problem!

Thanks for the offer! I get my Crank on Friday and hope to get it installed this weekend.

·
Banned
5,838 Posts
Anytime.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts