Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really love this micro crossbow. It's been performing flawlessly. I've been shooting it a lot and to date, it was not necessary to adjust the locking mecanism. There is a video on Excals website on how to adjust it and when it will be necessary, I feel comfortable that it will be an easy adjustment. My preferred broadhead is a 2 blade Ozcut weighing 175gr. Complete pass-thru on the warthog and impala that I've been fortunate to hunt last week. Here is a link to the warthog video clip.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

·
Crossbow Nut
3,804 Posts
I really love this micro crossbow. It's been performing flawlessly. I've been shooting it a lot and to date, it was not necessary to adjust the locking mecanism. There is a video on Excals website on how to adjust it and when it will be necessary, I feel comfortable that it will be an easy adjustment. My preferred broadhead is a 2 blade Ozcut weighing 175gr. Complete pass-thru on the warthog and impala that I've been fortunate to hunt last week. Here is a link to the warthog video clip.

What an injustice!
What a horrible waste of life!
He just finished reading CBN before going out that day, and learned that recurves are too noisy and slow to kill anything! Nobody told him any different or he might still be alive. 😁

·
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What an injustice!
What a horrible waste of life!
If only he would have read CBN before going out that day, he would have learned that recurves are too noisy and slow to kill anything, but nobody told him any different. He might still be alive.
You had me for a second! Everybody knows that speed kill. Accuracy and dependability are overrated.

·
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is how a crossbow must be stored, ready for transport. Did I say I love the TD function! No problem with this crossbow holding zero when disassembling and assembling at the range or hunting area! Excalibur for life.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Very interesting Impala video @ 1:10. All animals reacted to the shot at the exact moment the arrow found its target. Shooting distance would be especially interesting for the Impala shot to understand 340FPS vs reaction time downrange.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Very interesting Impala video @ 1:10. All animals reacted to the shot at the exact moment the arrow found its target. Shooting distance would be especially interesting for the Impala shot to understand 340FPS vs reaction time downrange.
He would't be shooting 340 fps. He is using a 175gr broadhead, so he would be closer to 300 fps which shows that it still blows right through that hog.

·
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
He would't be shooting 340 fps. He is using a 175gr broadhead, so he would be closer to 300 fps which shows that it still blows right through that hog.
305fps and it broke the front leg of the impala and was picked up 50yards past it.

·
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
26.5yards

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks JH. Generically, 300FPS at 25 yards.

In the second video, the Impala had enough time only to begin reacting - but not yet "jump the string" - between the sound of the shot and the time it took a 300FPS arrow to travel 25 yards. Basically, 0.250 seconds (a quarter of a second) reaction time. If you had been 35 yards away with the same shot, flight time would have been 0.350 seconds. Still a hit, but not where you would have been aiming, because the additional 0.100 seconds would have permitted the Impala to move downward.

Your video confirms why I limit my longest shot at a whitetail to 30 yards (325FPS out of my Vortex with 375gr).

Again, great job with an on-target harvest shot.

·
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks JH. Generically, 300FPS at 25 yards.

In the second video, the Impala had enough time only to begin reacting - but not yet "jump the string" - between the sound of the shot and the time it took a 300FPS arrow to travel 25 yards. Basically, 0.250 seconds (a quarter of a second) reaction time. If you had been 35 yards away with the same shot, flight time would have been 0.350 seconds. Still a hit, but not where you would have been aiming, because the additional 0.100 seconds would have permitted the Impala to move downward.

Your video confirms why I limit my longest shot at a whitetail to 30 yards (325FPS out of my Vortex with 375gr).

Again, great job with an on-target harvest shot.
Yes, I held low on the shoulder expecting him to jump. They are one of the fastest string jumpers. The shot went low because he did not react as expected. I always limit my shots on impala to 30 max.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts