Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the never ending horror stories of Excalibur micro limbs splitting... Breaking... Slivering ect... Ect... Ect... Does anybody know anything about these new limbs Excalibur introdudeced a few weeks back..whats the difference.. Where they made for more speed or for more durability.?????? What speed would they produce on our Excalibur axes if these limbs break like other people's have in the just released bows. It would be comforting to know if they where able to redeem themselves and make limbs that withstand the pressure of these sweet little simple recurves. I just can't find any explanation of how the limbs where improved by Excalibur crossbows. Thanks

·
Banned
5,838 Posts
As far as I know, the new limbs are for those new bows only. They will not be available for older models. The new limbs are definitely stronger to support the higher speeds. They have been in R&D for quite awhile now! Only time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
Crossbow Nut
5,717 Posts
With the never ending horror stories of Excalibur micro limbs splitting... Breaking... Slivering ect... Ect... Ect... Does anybody know anything about these new limbs Excalibur introdudeced a few weeks back..whats the difference.. Where they made for more speed or for ⁷more durability.?????? What speed would they produce on our Excalibur axes if these limbs break like other people's have in the just released bows. It would be comforting to know if they where able to redeem themselves and make limbs that withstand the pressure of these sweet little simple recurves. I just can't find any explanation of how the limbs where improved by Excalibur crossbows. Thanks
Your questions would be better asked and answered by Excalibur, since the rest of us can only offer opinions.
They went through this same thing a few years back but got it corrected until recently. I don't know what process changes have brought this back, but you can be sure they're aware of it, and working on the solution.

·
Crossbow Nut
5,717 Posts
Not fair to have new model axes that I just got in October that have no chance of limb upgrades.
Excalibur never promised to upgrade your bow to some kind of Frankenbow, they promised to repair the bow you bought.

·
Registered
161 Posts
So they want to leave us all stuck with space junk! Sad.. I guess they want to force people into buying micros that the limbs might not break on
you sir need to move on to the ravin a much better bow for you plus you can have your local service center tune it weekly..my self I have a very nice gen 1 micro 335 that had over 1000 shots on it..i use the micro in rhode island ..now I all so own a bull dog 400 same thing over 1000 shots on it and thats my blow for Vermont hunting..both have spare limbs that are gathering dust..years back I cracked a limb on a mega 405 (operator error ) arrow was not seated tight..excalibur is a top notch out fit with super service..get to know your bows

·
Banned
5,838 Posts
I had a long conversation with Peter from Excalibur this morning. The new limbs are thicker and narrower than the previous Micro limbs. The new limbs require the new riser for them to work. They can NOT be retrofitted for previous models! The new limbs combined with the new riser with a new designed angle and pockets allowed them to get more speed from the Micro platform without increasing width or power-stroke. Call Excalibur and they will return your call which they will explain the whole concept with you. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Love our axes so far only has them a month or so. Just wondering if the process of building limbs made them more durable. Have read lots of horror stories with the axe and other Excaliburs limb problems is all not here to bash anything

·
Registered
18,434 Posts
95% or so of the "horror stories" you read are new owners with small splinters on the limbs that freak out and want new limbs when there is actually no reason not to pop the sliver off and just keep shooting. You can always take a picture to show the splinter and they will send you new limbs when and if actually needed. I waited almost two years to get my splintered limbs replaced as I about forgot it had happened.

·
Registered
18,434 Posts
I just bought an older excalibur vortex that has a pretty significant split on one side and I'm really hoping to get replacement limbs. Does anyone know where I can find some that are as good or better as original ones.
Sure thing. Just call Excalibur and tell them your limb split and they will send you new limbs. Take a Pic and send it by email to them and you will not even have to send back the old limbs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts