Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Before I ask about your help let me explain why I need it .My name is Panayiotis and in my country the don't sell crossbows or bows for hunting. But I like crossbows so much that I try and build one with cheap limb I bought from internet and target shoot on a friend's farm.
Table Furniture Wood Plant Desk
these is my first project. 150lb and power stroke is 10 inch.

Now after long search, I found a shop from France that can ship to me with no customs checks and fees. I found limbs and strings . At first I was going to try and built a compound crossbow but I couldn't find the measurements for it and that was good because after long search in here I discover that will be very difficult for me to synchronize and adjust the cams , and the parts was expensive. So later I ask help for the EK Desert hawk recurve crossbow , Cheap parts and since I always like the look of Excalibur I thought it will be good to try with it before spent the extra cash for Excalibur parts. But it seems that there are not enough Desert hawks owners here and I decide to go with the Excalibur parts.

So I am asking for your help and I will risk and order Excalibur parts for my project.
I am thinking to built something with Matrix 330 specs, so I will need from you the following measurements and all the advise you can give me

Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Machine Event
number 4 is the angle

Bicycle part Automotive exterior Automotive tire Auto part Rim

Toy Automotive exterior Toy airplane Automotive wheel system Aircraft

I know that I ask to much. I will appreciate any help.

Thanking you in advance
(sorry but my English are not very good)

· Registered
BD330/Short308/Woodstock 330/355 /Micro BD335/TT 1,5lbs SingleStage
213 Posts
That's a swept back Riser!
These Riser is from a Matrix 310 or a Matrix Saphire.
I use the same Riser with a Matrix 355 rail and my arrows are 310fps with 350grain.
The Original Matrix 310 makes ~295fps!
Matrix 310 and Matrix 330 use the same rail length, but different riser!

· Registered
937 Posts
Hello Panachrys! Thats a beautiful bow you built man! You truly are an artist! Don't worry bout the English we all understood you quite easily!

I took some measurements on a swept back riser and here is what I came up with.
1) 1 7/16"
2) 2 9/16"
3) 3"
4) It isn't really angled it more like a rounded off corner.

A) 1 5/8"
B) 11/32"

Hope that helps you. If you have any more questions just post em up! Lots of guys here that like to help. Good luck on your project. Come back and share some pics with us.
✌DF

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a swept back Riser!
These Riser is from a Matrix 310 or a Matrix Saphire.
I use the same Riser with a Matrix 355 rail and my arrows are 310fps with 350grain.
The Original Matrix 310 makes ~295fps!
Matrix 310 and Matrix 330 use the same rail length, but different riser!
Thank you for the info. It was the only picture I found that was clear to mark the length I need.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Panachrys! Thats a beautiful bow you built man! You truly are an artist! Don't worry bout the English we all understood you quite easily!

I took some measurements on a swept back riser and here is what I came up with.
1) 1 7/16"
2) 2 9/16"
3) 3"
4) It isn't really angled it more like a rounded off corner.

A) 1 5/8"
B) 11/32"

Hope that helps you. If you have any more questions just post em up! Lots of guys here that like to help. Good luck on your project. Come back and share some pics with us.
✌DF
Thank you very much. I really appreciate it.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the comments and the info.
I have some more questions:

how much is the distance of the string from the limb

Line Font Art Auto part Machine

and the width and depth for the flight groove.

Bumper Automotive tire Musical instrument Automotive exterior Auto part

Thanking you in advance

· Registered
937 Posts
5/16" deep
1/4" wide
The arrow groove is chamfered where the arrow rides.
Depending on what you use for vanes on your arrows, that arrow groove could be made a tiny bit deeper.
C. 5" front of string to front of limbs
G'day Panachrys
✌DF

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
5/16" deep
1/4" wide
The arrow groove is chamfered where the arrow rides.
Depending on what you use for vanes on your arrows, that arrow groove could be made a tiny bit deeper.
C. 5" front of string to front of limbs
G'day Panachrys
✌DF
Thank you again. That was very helpful. I will start very soon building the riser, and at the end of the month I will order the limbs and string.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts