Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, if someone was in the market for a new Excalibur, which one would you recommend?

A friend likes the looks and simplicity of the Excalibur crossbows. He wants one that will shoot arrows at least 350 FPS and is pretty much issue free.

Thanks,
Lonster

·
2,873 Posts
350 fps with 350 grain arrow, or 400 grain? If it's with 350 grain (not that I would shoot that light), I'd look for a Micro Suppressor. I've seen them still available at a few online stores and Amazon. If he wants 350 fps with a heavier arrow, I'd look for a Matrix or Bulldog 380, either would be a used bow, I doubt you will find either one as a new bow. I am not a fan of all the new take down riser bows. I've seen more than a few posts about them coming loose, and I think it's a completely uneeeded feature when the older risers could be taken apart in seconds anyway.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Get the Matrix series and shoot a heavier arrow. If you want 350 then add a 460 grain arrow to bring the 380 down to 350. Thats my recommendation.

Reactions: doegirl

·
Registered
415 Posts
The two best matrix series bows are the 330 and the 355. Totally trouble free tack drivers, you may have a little trouble getting to the 350fps mark though.

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
The two best matrix series bows are the 330 and the 355. Totally trouble free tack drivers, you may have a little trouble getting to the 350fps mark though.
My favorites are the 330 and the 350 LE which is basically the same as the 355 except faster.

·
Registered
365 Posts
So, if someone was in the market for a new Excalibur, which one would you recommend?

A friend likes the looks and simplicity of the Excalibur crossbows. He wants one that will shoot arrows at least 350 FPS and is pretty much issue free.

Thanks,
Lonster
Great recommendations by the others, can't disagree. To add, there are some nice BD355/360's available on ebay for good price too.

Reactions: Inspector98

·
Registered
415 Posts
The 330 is a absolute sweetheart to cock and shoot, and still has plenty of punch. If you look around they can be found used for a real bargain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts