Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No posts on Excals? Well, we can't have that, can we? I shoot Excal, currently down to one, but have shot or owned most all of them and they are my bow of choice. My first Excal was an Emax. It was a brute, lol. About a year ago, I ordered a Phoenix from Dan Miller, the USA warranty rep for them. I really liked it. However, I recently found out that it was not a Phoenix, but rather a mis labeled Exocet. I decided to keep it as my one Excal and have an older Leupold VXII 2X7 w/ xbow reticules out to 60 yds on it. Dan Miller had several of these scopes converted to xbow friendly reticules at one time by I think Premier reticule company or what ever, believe they are either no longer in business or no longer doing the conversions. The variable power Leupolds give the same net affect as the Excal line of scopes in that you can adj the magnification to get your poi on at all ranges you have aim points for.

·
Banned
364 Posts
It sure would be nice if someone could find a company that would put the extra crosshair lines in rifle scopes. I think a Leupold Var-X III 1.5x5 would be a great CB scope with two extra horizontal crosshairs! :p

·
1,724 Posts
DaGriz, that is a scope I would buy for sure! I am presently using rifle scopes and Holos for mine. I like the ability of my scopes to take a lick or two and not be affected by something like a minor fumble with ends in a drop. I dropped my Phoenix the other day on concrete and the POI was unchanged.

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DaGriz said:
It sure would be nice if someone could find a company that would put the extra crosshair lines in rifle scopes. I think a Leupold Var-X III 1.5x5 would be a great CB scope with two extra horizontal crosshairs! :coolgleamA:
Our buddy, "Boo" has one of Millers converted Leupolds, but seem to recall him telling me he hasn't mounted it yet? Maybe he will after shooting mine, lol. i wish I could show you guys the reticles in mine. kinda fine for a hunting scope, but light gathering capabilities minimize that. Has hairs to 60 yds, w/ very small diamonds on every other 10 yds, so they are on only 30 and 50 lines, makes aquisition real easy. FWIW: I sent an email to Burris asking why they didn't bring an American made xbow scope out and never got a reply.

·
1,724 Posts
It's a Varx II, 1 x 4 x 20mm. I would prefer a Varix III and a larger objective lens. When my Lumizone arrives I will make a decision as to what scope I use when us Canadians come back to deliver a can of whoopass! LOL!

·
Banned
364 Posts
I just visited Leupold Custom shop website and they now offer custom made reticles to YOUR needs. It appears they can and will make a cross bow compatabile reticle in any scope they sell. I can imagine it will be a bit pricey, but for some it will be worth the added expense

1 - 6 of 6 Posts