Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I need help please. I had a dry fire yesterday on my Excalibur Exocet 200 lbs. So i wanna ask what now? Only string sliped off from the tip. So i was take the string back and checked the limbs with a cotton ball and rub it on both sides of the limbs when cocked. Limbs seems to be ok. One thing which i dont know for sure is right limb(tip). Seem to me little bit deformed or it's ok? Thanks

Attachments

·
3,396 Posts
Contact Excal customer service. Show them your pics and explain what happened. Take it from there.

·
2,035 Posts
Is that a factory string?

·
2,035 Posts
Here's in one that has never been on a bow. Camo can distort or give an optical illusion.

Reactions: JOE PA

·
2,035 Posts
The reason I ask is that the loop looks long which can cause it to come off under normal shooting circumstances. But being in the position it is, I may be wrong. Any how, I've had several 200 lb Excaliburs and if I took my socks off, I couldn't count the times I dry-fired. When you dry-fire with a 200 lb bow, a couple of things normally happen. You waste time looking for the arrow and normally you waste time looking for your string that often gets tossed off to one side or behind you. The occasional person gets whipped in the face. So if you plan on more dry-fires, wear protective glasses. I have never damaged anything on any of my dry-fires. I doubt there is any damage to your bow.
Do yourself a favor, post a pic of the loop on the bow including a few inches of string. I might be able to tell you if it is an OE string.

·
2,035 Posts
The factory Excel string isnt a brown color. Last I saw it was a yellow color. Prior to that it was an almost brown and dark green the serving is normally a 1D or 3D and is much thinner than what you have. The loops are too long or get that way from a sure-fire. Get a new string. When a loop is too large/long it will tear the wedge shaped flange that stops the string from sliding down.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So i get a new string and everything it will be fine you think? I'm from Czech Republic and only string which is possible to buy here is
It's will be good? Thanks

I wanna buy a new string from 60xcustomstrings but shipping takes lot of time so i need a temporary string

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
So i get a new string and everything it will be fine you think? I'm from Czech Republic and only string which is possible to buy here is
It's will be good? Thanks

I wanna buy a new string from 60xcustomstrings but shipping takes lot of time so i need a temporary string
Actually you need to buy a new string from Boo as he is the best excalibur string builder in the business. :)
Click on his avatar and send him a PM and get the ball rolling.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Looks o.k. to me. Cock it and then use the cotton ball again, while cocked.

·
2,035 Posts
Here is a factory string. Do you see the difference in loop size? What I neglected to say earlier is that with all the dry-fires I've had in my 200 lb bows, not once have the limbs splintered in any bow with any Dacron string or any other high performance string. The only exception is that I haven't dry-fired a bow with an Angel Majesty string.

·
2,035 Posts
Actually you need to buy a new string from Boo as he is the best excalibur string builder in the business. :)
Click on his avatar and send him a PM and get the ball rolling.
Thank you Robert but small packets can take 6 to 8 weeks to arrive in Europe. Fortunately, Excalibur is doing well in Europe and finding the right factory string sooner than later should not be a chore.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Boo. I see the difference in the loop size. So i need a new string. I will buy some string from Czech shop as temporary solution. And i'm interested to buy one string from you. Is it possible? Can you send it to the Czech Republic?

·
2,035 Posts
Thanks Boo. I see the difference in the loop size. So i need a new string. I will buy some string from Czech shop as temporary solution. And i'm interested to buy one string from you. Is it possible? Can you send it to the Czech Republic?
Good that you see the loops. There is no problem sending a string to Europe, I've sent strings all over Europe. Send me an email to [email protected] and we can get started.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts