Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This video has some interesting arrow related topics. Hope it helps explain the impact of added weight and finding your arrows sweet spot.

Reactions: Martymig

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I always have to reply as I watch. I am too old to keep each point in mind and reflect on the total of what I have seen. SO... I will stop the tape and respond as I go. :)
K.E. is irrelevant, as it relates to penetration.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
You actually recorded the work on the heavy arrow drop for speed. I have never done this. I like it. I m going to share right now. Great inclusion :)

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I stopped at the 5 minute mark. You obviously know what you are talking about but I have to go. I posted this video on another site,. I am sure you wont let me down ;)
Good video! Very well done.

·
Vendor
589 Posts
I tested the first 2.0 concept on a CT Cheetah Launch was 310fps, 30yards was 296fps, 40yrds was 289fps and 50 was 281fps. That was with AV3 vanes on a light weight arrow if I recall about 340ish gn.. That is less the 10% speed loss. I was told 18-25%+ can be expected between 20-30yrds. Arrow drop based on a 20yrd zero using same pin was approx 5-6inch low at 45yards. Penetration was about the same at 30 , 40 and 50 yrds. Accuracy was much more forgiving than a match weighted 1.0 system.

Ballistic launch co-efficiency, how much the arrow retains after launch and after impact. As soon as I get a little more time with high speed I'm going to show capabilities of Aero Vane III going into spin within inches of leaving the bow.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I stopped at the 5 minute mark. You obviously know what you are talking about but I have to go. I posted this video on another site,. I am sure you wont let me down ;)
Good video! Very well done.
LA, this was a YouTube video that I, Generator, found and thought it would be useful for members of the Nation. This guy has a unique way of explaining and sharing his years of experience in 15 minutes.

·
9,002 Posts
Good video … informative if you're not already schooled in velocity vs momentum. Far more pertinent for stickbow and short draw vertical bows than crossbows. The whole momentum argument is irrelevant for crossbows unless you're shooting 800lb animals.

Reactions: SEW

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good video … informative if you're not already schooled in velocity vs momentum. Far more pertinent for stickbow and short draw vertical bows than crossbows. The whole momentum argument is irrelevant for crossbows unless you're shooting 800lb animals.
Agree, just thought this gent explained and provided results in a way to help the masses understand relationship between speed, KE and momentum. Just trying to be helpful and promote CBN as a forum for sharing and learning.

Reactions: SEW and Iron Duke

·
9,002 Posts
Agree, just thought this gent explained and provided results in a way to help the masses understand relationship between speed, KE and momentum. Just trying to be helpful and promote CBN as a forum for sharing and learning.
Agreed … I think that ultimately he confirms that there really isn't much difference in killing capability between "light" and "heavy" crossbow arrows. So advocates of one or the other arguing is more entertaining than anything else ...lol At first I thought he was turning a blind eye to trajectory, but toward the end of the video he covered trajectory quite thoroughly. Again, "informative video" from an intelligent guy who's a clear speaker.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Here another video that fits in here somehow:

Now, imagine the draw length is even shorter, and so is the arrow ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts