Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
My favorite and special response to the Anti's when asked why I hunt has always been a very simple one.

I simply tell them that for hundreds of thousands of years Man has been the most dominant carnivore on the entire planet. We didn't get that way by eating rice, wheat and vegetables. I'm simply giving in to and following my natural instincts. Then I follow this with; "Oh, and by the way, as a carnivore I'm really not that choosy about what type of meat I'm cooking so you might not want to walking around out there in the woods when the season starts!

That usually ends any further conversations.

Hunting and killing comes as naturally to many of us as walking, running, or riding a bicycle. Choosing when not to kill takes more effort and needs to be learned.

If they've lost touch with their ancestry and no longer have any natural instincts left there are probably doctors they could see about getting that fixed!

Regards,

Xbow755

·
Registered
251 Posts
Always hungry for Elk ,Mule and Whitetail Deer,Black Bear the many Wild Boars theTurkey ,Duck ,Geese ,Pheasant.Rabbit That fill my freezers .That I hunted like my father and Grandpa and their fathers did its a part of me. Been a part of life since beginning of time I choose to be the hunter til the time come that a wild hunter is better and become its prey

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Hi All,
Anti hunters don't dance around their position and attempt to soft sell it, so neither should we be dancing around our stance.

I've never in my life heard of an outdoorsman who doesn't love being in the woods with all of gods creatures.

The entire reason we have sizable game populations of wild birds, waterfowl, fish and all the larger animals in this country is totally due to the licensing fee's that have been paid for by Hunters and Fisherman for years going to each states DEC Department for stocking programs and heard management programs to increase the population of the fish and game we hunt.

On this basis, why should we feel impelled to explain to any Anti, who's never paid a single cent to do anything including complain,about why we want to hunt? The fact is they're not entitled to a civil answer, since their question is not an attempt to understand, but rather a platform in which to complain about things they've had nothing to do with.

Regards,

Xbow755

·
203 Posts
xbow755 said:
Hi All,
Anti hunters don't dance around their position and attempt to soft sell it, so neither should we be dancing around our stance.

I've never in my life heard of an outdoorsman who doesn't love being in the woods with all of gods creatures.

The entire reason we have sizable game populations of wild birds, waterfowl, fish and all the larger animals in this country is totally due to the licensing fee's that have been paid for by Hunters and Fisherman for years going to each states DEC Department for stocking programs and heard management programs to increase the population of the fish and game we hunt.

On this basis, why should we feel impelled to explain to any Anti, who's never paid a single cent to do anything including complain,about why we want to hunt? The fact is they're not entitled to a civil answer, since their question is not an attempt to understand, but rather a platform in which to complain about things they've had nothing to do with.

Regards,

Xbow755
exactly!.... to hell with them!

·
Registered
426 Posts
YUP I agree...to hell with them....glad I hunt....proud of what God has given us...we are on this planet a short while, have to enjoy it while we can.....life is short and to sit at times and take in the surroundings makes you feel alive and at peace....glad my cousin took me hunting when I was about 10yrs old......didn't get anything but learned to respect and admire the outdoors.....and not take life for granted....

·
Registered
620 Posts
I've been asked that question dozens and dozens of time over the years. I have tried to explain it and then always offer the person an opportunity to accompany me on a hunt. Only three people have ever taken me up on the offer. All three of them hunt till this day. Not one of those hunts, by the way, resulted in a kill.

Most of the time, when asked that question, the person asking it really doesn't even want to hear an answer. They already know it all.

Reactions: Fletcher

·
I Didn't Do It.
4,404 Posts
I hunt to fulfill my primitive instincts which provides me much pleasure. It's as simple as that!

Those who wish to deprive me of this freedom need to think again about what they are doing. Selfishness!

In no way does hunting deprive those who oppose hunting threaten their "security of existence".

A quote from one of Albert Einsten's speeches:

See this link: (from it in part)

http://www.swarthmore.edu/news/history/special_einstein.html

"................ For looked at from a simple human point of view, moral conduct does not mean merely a stern demand to renounce some of the desired joys of life but rather a sociable interest in a happier lot for all men.

This conception implies one requirement above all - that every individual should have the opportunity to develop gifts which may be latent in him. Alone in that way can the individual obtain the satisfaction to which he is justly entitled; and alone in that way can the community achieve its richest flowering. For everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Restriction is justified only insofar as it may be needed for the security of existence.

There is one other thing [that] follows from that conception - that we must not only tolerate differences between individuals and between groups, but we should indeed welcome them and look upon them as an enriching of our existence. That is the essence of all true tolerance; without tolerance in this widest sense there can be no question of true morality."

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was asked this question a long time ago by one of my girlfriends. My reply was during a bad winter, with a lot of snow, or a bad ice storm it is very hard for the deer to get food. When the bigger deer start to eat trees and such they can reach very high leaving no food for the young. I personally never starved to death, but I'm very sure it is not a pleasant experience nor would I like to find out. Explaining the smaller deer would be the first to go. That is why I hunt so the younger deer have a chance to survive. After I was done explaining she understood where I was coming from. Also luv the peace and quiet of the woods and mother nature. If god gives me one of his creatures so be it, if not I'm ok with just being in nature.
Steve

·
Registered
12,808 Posts
My answer is because I like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea, I'll keep it simple. I hunt because I can....and I want to.;)

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
If the deer aren't hunted especially in communities the anti-hunters are the first ones to whine and complain about the deer eating all of theis beautiful bushes and shrubbery.:mad:

21 - 30 of 30 Posts