Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that Cabelas/Bass Pro could have some of these CCD's in stock. I was told to ask specifically Explorer Crank Cocking System. If anyone knows if these are available please let me know. I tried searching by website and it was not listed. I may have to wait till they are available from Barnett which should be sometime in middle of September.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called Barnett today. They now are selling the Explorer Crank Cocking Device for the Explorer Series crossbows. They have them on their website.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Good luck on those Explorers. Yesterday I cocked with KI Sled cocker for trail run.
It was good thing I checked it out at home. The crank handle was a press fit. I put a 3/8" drill bit thru the hole for a good fit. When I put the handle on it stays until I need to remove it.
After a few shoots I had to tied the strings again then burn them back.
The cocking process calls for learning best practices. I managed to get a smooth process fast.
I couldn't see any improvement in accuracy over the ro O

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Whoops!
Over the rope cocking shooting one after the other with the same arrow.
I would rather use the rope cocker as long as I'm able. It is faster and more convenient. But I will keep the sled in case I need it.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just ordered one for my 400XP. The 400XP is stout to cock if you shoot a bunch. I am going to use FD roller pin setup. Also, going to use BearX Sled instead of hooks. I use BearX Sled on my TS370 Carbon Express CCD and it's legit. Prefer that to the hooks. Stay tuned when I get it all in.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My issue is I am just not able. One repaired rotator cuff that’s not as strong as it used to be, one rotator cuff with a full thickness tear with torn bicep tendon still needs fixed, and a back that’s had 4 surgeries ending in a spinal fusion from L3-S1. This is all in the last five years except for the first two back surgeries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Yep, I understand you have to fit it to suit.
The KI one needs something like rollers to position the sled in center. The sled frame as about 5/16" gap on each side to the rail of float. Requires a visual to position.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The explorers need hooks, in my observation. The sled just doesn't work, appropriately .Although I did change to Centerpoint hooks on ccd. It has made the second safty, more denounced and seemed effortlessly to cock.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Yep, I understand you have to fit it to suit.
The KI one needs something like rollers to position the sled in center. The sled frame as about 5/16" gap on each side to the rail of float. Requires a visual to position.
I'm using BearX sled and have 1/8" gap on each side of the rail but the rollers pull equally and like the downward angle of the sled to rail vs hooks.

Reactions: Spot-on-arrow

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My Explorer 400XP CCD arrived today from Barnett.

Reactions: bunnyrabbit

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I'm using BearX sled and have 1/8" gap on each side of the rail but the rollers pull equally and like the downward angle of the sled to rail vs hooks.
That's good! Hope you love it.
I tuned it. This is the finished product.
20200914_162936.jpg

20200913_191449.jpg

Reactions: TomOnTheRun

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Have you cranked it yet? Looks good. If there seems to be noticeable down force I plan to install Farm Deers roller pin he made for the TS370 Xbows. It should easily adapt to this Xbow.

Interesting spec rated at 14lbs of cranking pressure. Hmmm.... I'll know soon enough.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I have used it several times. Can't tell any difference in POI or accuracy over my rope pulling.
There isn't any added down force because the crank spools are in line with rail.
I saw a PSE crank offering today that looks just like this KI one so this design isn't new.
I perfer the rope due to speed convenience but the sled cranker will help me if I weaken for some reason.
20200914_162837.jpg

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's good! Hope you love it.
I tuned it. This is the finished product.
View attachment 184415
View attachment 184416
Spot-On, looks good! You have a shooter for sure! Can't wait to setup my 400XP.

After talking with Farm Deer I don't think sled option will work on the 400XP. So it's hooks at this time on the CCD. My back votes for CCD if I"m shooting 10 plus arrows at at time. Father Time has caught up with me. It isn't about strength. It's my lower back. Life long golf related. Still there after stop playing 10 years ago. Rope Cocking puts me at risk.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You gotta love the adjustable cheek pad. It's best one I've used to date. Very easy and quick to adjust. It really helps me with eye relief. To me this is a highly underrated feature per the 400XP.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Spot-On, looks good! You have a shooter for sure! Can't wait to setup my 400XP.

After talking with Farm Deer I don't think sled option will work on the 400XP. So it's hooks at this time on the CCD. My back votes for CCD if I"m shooting 10 plus arrows at at time. Father Time has caught up with me. It isn't about strength. It's my lower back. Life long golf related. Still there after stop playing 10 years ago. Rope Cocking puts me at risk.
Hey Tom,
We are in similar situation with protecting the back. I also have played golf over 45 years and still at it. On my 70th birthday in June I some how managed to shooting 68 knowing how hard it would be.
Since then I went down hill. I injured my back then almost was over it. Last week I slipped on wet floor but managed to catch myself resulting in a ham string. Fast recovery has me almost back.
My secret on the back is staying active and knowing how to self adjust it back into correct position after it pops out.
Good thing my back is still able. I am being patient with the golf.
These sled cranks are poorly designed as for parts fitting together to work well. Good concept but poor tolerance stack up issues and or quality.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts