Crossbow Nation banner
241 - 260 of 278 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Just saw the Fatal X at Northwoods outlet for 499.99 without crank, 599.99 with crank. After yesterdays sled cocking marathon I experienced, no crank needed, my opinion. ;)

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Just saw the Fatal X at Northwoods outlet for 499.99 without crank, 599.99 with crank. After yesterdays sled cocking marathon I experienced, no crank needed, my opinion. ;)
That's a good buy Fd. I got mine with crank for 569.00 so I figured why not. But it's so nice to hand cock, but will be nice if I have to reload in the tree. The Browns had KC. Right where they needed them but let it Slip away...!

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
So stock is good but modified will last longer and faster?
Well, lets look at those questions.
"last longer" So far the string/serving is like brand new after 180 shots. Last longer then the original serving? Anybody watching this thread knows that answer.
"Faster" It appears it was in comparison but your barking up the wrong tree with me over speed. I've said it time and time again: speed doesn't kill, accuracy does. The above pic's show that it is extremely accurate. And YES, I will take a deer with this bow (actually my granddaughter will).

And Yes, the Browns had KC and let it slip away.... :cry:

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
That's a good buy Fd. I got mine with crank for 569.00 so I figured why not. But it's so nice to hand cock, but will be nice if I have to reload in the tree. The Browns had KC. Right where they needed them but let it Slip away...!
Yea Buddy, that's a great price. My arms finally came back in last night around 11 after 188 cocks with the rope. Feel like I went to the gym on a full workout.:rolleyes:
I'm not sure I could have made that many shots in the time I did with a crank. I do like the way it rope cocks. Easy and smooth.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
FD. You must be in pretty decent shape yet...lol. That's alot of cocking at one session. The crank on this bow works smoothly and feels very quality made, but wish it was spring loaded tension on the spool, and relocate the hook hangers. My fumbling fingers aren't quite what they used to be. And Someone needs to develop a small ribbon type chord for these style small spools, so you don't hear the chord slipping off itself while cranking.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Here's a tip for anyone using the RDC. on this bow. Because of the very narrow design the hooks are reluctant to come out of there unless you slide them way down the string. Wich to me is a little unnerving and makes for a mess of string to rewind. Instead give a couple more back winds after the weight is off and then turn your hooks sideways across the string and rotate up and right off the string. Much safer and easier imo.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Wood

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Here's a tip for anyone using the RDC. on this bow. Because of the very narrow design the hooks are reluctant to come out of there unless you slide them way down the string. Wich to me is a little unnerving and makes for a mess of string to rewind. Instead give a couple more back winds after the weight is off and then turn your hooks sideways across the string and rotate up and right off the string. Much safer and easier imo. View attachment 206509
If one could use a sled one would not have that problem.
Using my Barnett Ghost 410 as an example, the crank cocking
device uses a sled. Trying another cocking device with just hooks
did not work as the rail stock is wider near the fully cocked position
and the hooks bind up before the crossbow is fully cocked.

I modified my butt plate to accept the plug in crank cocking device
that the 390 Carbon Express Pile Driver, the rebranded Rocky
Mountain 405 and 415 and the Bruin Ambush 370 use. I then
installed the sled from the Barnett crank cocking device.

This modified system works a lot better and safer than what Barnett
uses. With care I can decock the crossbow or stop any where while
cocking or decocking the above mentioned crossbows with this system.

I do not use the rope cocker on any of my crossbows.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Machining complete. Like a whole different bow. Due to original design I was only able to move the entire riser and cable slide up by .1875". Would have preferred .200" but the string is much better regarding down pressure. Definitely an increase in speed with the reduced coefficient on the barrel. I'm not a chrono guy but at 40 yards I'm 1-1/2" high than pre-machining.
Seems to be the ticket for the Fatal X.
I like this one.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
BR. I was referring to the RDC. version of this bow only for anyone that has it. And the same crank you use on your modified Gohst with a sled in a compact version can allso be used on this bow. Iam not going to use the rcd much on it anyways but is much easier to use the way i just described fo me anyways.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
KI makes a buttstock plug in crank for This xbow also. Think its the same really small one for the X1

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
KI makes a buttstock plug in crank for This xbow also. Think its the same really small one for the X1
That's the one I was referring too in my last post Huntersthompson, if I had to do it over again I may have went that route. But this thing hand cocks really smooth, so it's nice to have for a follow up shot if need be. Ah that's called a Twin Strike these days..lol

·
Registered
7,087 Posts
Yea Buddy, that's a great price. My arms finally came back in last night around 11 after 188 cocks with the rope. Feel like I went to the gym on a full workout.:rolleyes:
I'm not sure I could have made that many shots in the time I did with a crank. I do like the way it rope cocks. Easy and smooth.
I enjoy reading this thread. Great mojo and like the KI karma. Future looks bright for this company. Kudos!

Reactions: JCAT

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
I have that model DSC and it does fit the butt stock but not necessary for me due to the easy cocking. Smooth as silk to cock. Hunter if you have cocked the TS370 then imagine 1/2 way back and that is the max pull required in comparison.
The easiest cocking bow with that FPS rating I have ever cocked.

Reactions: JCAT

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Another 80 shots, lubed every 10, on Fatal #2 and the serving looks perfect. My standard lube frequency has always been 24 shots (2 dozen arrows). The need for increased frequency is a must to maintain serving life on the Fatal. Settled in on 60 yards as the benchmark for testing. Still shooting dots with match grade arrows and no sign of string or cable stretch. Trigger actually seems to be a bit "softer" after all these shots. By no means is it the trigger on the X1 but I have shot many others that were worse.

I'm liking this bow. It fits me better than the X1 due to its length. Personal preference. Went back to the 20-60 optics and will finish the serving life test to 300 shots. After that I will be changing out the optics to ?????. Might just be another 4K pro.

I have to say, KI has made some really positive advances since the company started. It's nice to see a company that progressively and incrementally gets better every year. My observation is to stay in the 400ish range rather opening that possible can or worms related to fast bows. 400 ish FPS to me seems to retain reliability and provide enough speed to take almost any animal.

Good luck this season to all,
FD

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Another 80 shots, lubed every 10, on Fatal #2 and the serving looks perfect. My standard lube frequency has always been 24 shots (2 dozen arrows). The need for increased frequency is a must to maintain serving life on the Fatal. Settled in on 60 yards as the benchmark for testing. Still shooting dots with match grade arrows and no sign of string or cable stretch. Trigger actually seems to be a bit "softer" after all these shots. By no means is it the trigger on the X1 but I have shot many others that were worse.

I'm liking this bow. It fits me better than the X1 due to its length. Personal preference. Went back to the 20-60 optics and will finish the serving life test to 300 shots. After that I will be changing out the optics to ?????. Might just be another 4K pro.

I have to say, KI has made some really positive advances since the company started. It's nice to see a company that progressively and incrementally gets better every year. My observation is to stay in the 400ish range rather opening that possible can or worms related to fast bows. 400 ish FPS to me seems to retain reliability and provide enough speed to take almost any animal.

Good luck this season to all,
FD
Are you using trident or super lube?

241 - 260 of 278 Posts