Crossbow Nation banner
281 - 300 of 331 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pocono,
Great read about your xbow experience and welcome to the forum.
Yes, you can shoot the factory arrows with decent groupings. I would suggest shooting them all, mark the ones that hit spot on at 30 yards. The use 125 tips in either field point for target practice and the the swhacker 125 tips. 100's are too lite. I use the swhackers myself however they need to be timed so that the small cutting wings are all the same reference to the cock vane. Else you will get "fliers".

Yes, the Fatal has considerable down pressure on the serving. That said, lube every 10-12 shots and you will be fine. The latest string and cable samples I have received are of better quality. They have different center material compared to the original string that came with the bow.

The Rangemaster pro scope is a great selection. I have one currently on my Fatal and with custom build arrows it is dead on out to 60.

The bow is VERY accurate out to my testing range of 100 yards with the ATN I used to test. 1.5" groups are real.
I am nearing 1,000 shots on it and have had very satisfactory performance. The 53% let off is one factor that lends this bow to be smooth and very low noise as with the X1. They both have the same front end.

My strongest suggestion is LUBE the ENTIRE string and cables every 25-30 shots and the center serving every 10-12 and you will experience one heck of a bow for the money.

Good luck to you,
FD
Thank you for the quick reply FD !

I agree with the 125gr , a 390gr w/100gr seems a bit too light against wind and penetration.

Great advice on the swhacker , I focused so much on the nock alignment I completely forgot to check the reference on the wings for consistency.

I was looking/considering the ATN x-sight 4k pro for the new bow and putting the Rangemaster Pro back on the Jackal as a backup xbow. How do you like the ATN? Which model are you using? Do you use multiple profiles for 20/30/40/50yd placement or do you just use the scopes range finder and compensate manually? The price is a bit high for a new "toy" I 100% don't need but really, really, really want ! I try to justify it by rationalizing that all in it is still cheaper than "some" other brands factory kits lol.

As far as lube, using the SuperLube on the string/service/area , waiting 15mins and wiping excess and then light coat of Trident on all + cam rails is the formula for fighting premature wear?

I do have access to a machine shop that could mill mine once it arrives, do you think it is necessary or is the lube regimen w/new samples "good enough"?

What is the longest duration you leave a xbow cocked? Most manufacturers recommend < 8 hours. Given the % of limb failures across all brands , I am thinking that the manufacturing variance may not lend to even that?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
IMHO the ATN is waaaay beyond others in it's price range. If you mount the ABL you then simply press a button and the ballistic calculator moves the reticle for you. No multiple dots! You can record HD video, take photo's, night vision, 3x14 magnification. It is heavy but the X1 and Fatal can handle it. Watch various videos on youtube.

IF you maintain the lube frequency as noted then you will have good performance on the center serving.

I always decock or discharge between morning and afternoon hunts. Not to say you cannot leave it cocked all day but I'm not one to sit in my stand 8 hours straight.

Lastly, be sure to lube the tribber box with some high quality gun lube. I found mine needed it from the get go. Spray some LITE lube into the safety area and it will migrate into the trigger mechanism. Provides a much smoother trigger pull.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
IMHO the ATN is waaaay beyond others in it's price range. If you mount the ABL you then simply press a button and the ballistic calculator moves the reticle for you. No multiple dots! You can record HD video, take photo's, night vision, 3x14 magnification. It is heavy but the X1 and Fatal can handle it. Watch various videos on youtube.

IF you maintain the lube frequency as noted then you will have good performance on the center serving.

I always decock or discharge between morning and afternoon hunts. Not to say you cannot leave it cocked all day but I'm not one to sit in my stand 8 hours straight.

Lastly, be sure to lube the tribber box with some high quality gun lube. I found mine needed it from the get go. Spray some LITE lube into the safety area and it will migrate into the trigger mechanism. Provides a much smoother trigger pull.

All great advice. Thank you for taking the time to post all your findings and reply to us NoObZ !! Very much appreciated. I may have to put that ATN on my Christmas list for Winter Bow!!

·
Registered
8,224 Posts
Machining complete. Like a whole different bow. Due to original design I was only able to move the entire riser and cable slide up by .1875". Would have preferred .200" but the string is much better regarding down pressure. Definitely an increase in speed with the reduced coefficient on the barrel. I'm not a chrono guy but at 40 yards I'm 1-1/2" high than pre-machining.
Seems to be the ticket for the Fatal X.
Bump

·
Registered
8,224 Posts
Just finished shooting 54 times and the serving looks perfect. definitely faster Increase my speed dial up 15 to 395 with a 427 arrow. I also noticed it is slightly easier to cock. (good thing for an old guy). Shot out to 60 once the speed dial was spot on and 1" groups was easy. She is a fine bow with nothing else I can pick out as a negative. It is a great value on the market and I give my thumbs up.
This also

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
This also
If I knew KI addressed these issues it would be the only bow I'd consider buying right now. I do like the Fatal X compact size and price point. Hell, If I could shim the riser myself to eliminate the down string pressure then I would have option to purchase Dave Hixon's Perry Valley Strings Xbow strings and be on my way. However, I am not familiar with this KI model and I don't think it's an easy fix. Obviously, KI is aware of the issues from noted CBN tech guru's FarmDeer and Burky so until they publicly confirm they addressed these noted areas outlined by FarmDeer I'm happy with what I have. Hope they address it. They are real close to something something special at a great price.

·
Registered
18,426 Posts
If I knew KI addressed these issues it would be the only bow I'd consider buying right now. I do like the Fatal X compact size and price point. Hell, If I could shim the riser myself to eliminate the down string pressure then I would have option to purchase Dave Hixon's Perry Valley Strings Xbow strings and be on my way. However, I am not familiar with this KI model and I don't think it's an easy fix. Obviously, KI is aware of the issues from noted CBN tech guru's FarmDeer and Burky so until they publicly confirm they addressed these noted areas outlined by FarmDeer I'm happy with what I have. Hope they address it. They are real close to something something special at a great price.
I have posted this on another thread already but I doubt that you will see KI make any announcement to the public that they have "fixed" a problem because that is admitting there was a problem. Too much blow back can come from prior owners wanting their bows fixed. I think if someone called and asked if the down pressure has been fixed they would probably tell you on the phone though.
There is a pic on the other thread showing a new Fatal X that appears to be fixed.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Jcat has indicated that a friend had one that he can get a look at. Waiting on his report. If it comes back positive my DRT 385 will find a new home. TS 370 never going anywhere.
If riser bolts on like any other Xbow and if there is slight string pressure zip tie shims might be an option.

JCAT, tick, tock. :p

·
Registered
8,224 Posts
FD being an engineer and a machinist pretty much ensures that he is a perfectionist. In a perfect world we send all our crap to him or Burky and they fix it. We do not live in a perfect world and sometimes the cavemen gotta make fire on their own.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
FD being an engineer and a machinist pretty much ensures that he is a perfectionist. In a perfect world we send all our crap to him or Burky and they fix it. We do not live in a perfect world and sometimes the cavemen gotta make fire on their own.
Hell yea to cave man world. I'll rub two sticks if it's required to make fire. Fo sho, riser shims work! If it's minor to level the string I can't see it being an issue. Bunnyrabbit figured that one out!

All we can do is wait to see a new FatalX review or user on CBN to see if KI did improve this Xbow model.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I contacted KI and Jason responded to me. I brought up the issues presented here and he said that they had been addressed in the later product runs. I bought one with a speedring scope direct from KI, it will be here tomorrow. I contact Burkholder regarding arrows and they said they haven't found a combination they are will to put their stamp on. I bought some BE Zombies and will put 125 gr on the nose. This will be heavier than the stock arrows, which I will throw in the trash can. Hopefully with the heavier arrows taking some shock out and rail lube I can make this one last. Will put BowJax dampeners on the limbs. Will probably have it all done to shoot this weekend. I will do a complete review of hopefully at least 50 shots next week.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I contacted KI and Jason responded to me. I brought up the issues presented here and he said that they had been addressed in the later product runs. I bought one with a speedring scope direct from KI, it will be here tomorrow. I contact Burkholder regarding arrows and they said they haven't found a combination they are will to put their stamp on. I bought some BE Zombies and will put 125 gr on the nose. This will be heavier than the stock arrows, which I will throw in the trash can. Hopefully with the heavier arrows taking some shock out and rail lube I can make this one last. Will put BowJax dampeners on the limbs. Will probably have it all done to shoot this weekend. I will do a complete review of hopefully at least 50 shots next week.
Would you happen to have this Jason’s extension?

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
Here is a top view of the crossbow. The bow string is on the right hand side in the picture. When cocking
the crossbow, it will come down next to the rail-stock.
Note: a bow string rotates the cams one way, while the cables rotate the cams in the opposite direction.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

281 - 300 of 331 Posts