Crossbow Nation banner
341 - 360 of 374 Posts

6,623 Posts
Lumix. It is a lot of scope! Surprisingly good glass, nice lighted reticles, etc..

But, be aware, the reticle spacing is accurate only to 50 yards. So, sight in at 20 & 50 yards, THEN test at 60 yards to see where the 60 yard reticle really hits (hint - 4” off). So, test the 60 & 70 yard reticles to see where they actually hit, then offset accordingly. Forget the 80 yard reticle.

If you want an upgraded scope, the MV36 is an excellent choice. It’s reticle spacing is dead on. Reticles are very thin but show up great with blue lighting for day and red for very late or early (ie, very low light).

Boo’s website. Though initially oriented towards Excalibur Crossbows, there’s a wealth of information there. Read it all the way through.

· Registered
30 Posts
Lumix. It is a lot of scope! Surprisingly good glass, nice lighted reticles, etc..

But, be aware, the reticle spacing is accurate only to 50 yards. So, sight in at 20 & 50 yards, THEN test at 60 yards to see where the 60 yard reticle really hits (hint - 4” off). So, test the 60 & 70 yard reticles to see where they actually hit, then offset accordingly. Forget the 80 yard reticle.

If you want an upgraded scope, the MV36 is an excellent choice. It’s reticle spacing is dead on. Reticles are very thin but show up great with blue lighting for day and red for very late or early (ie, very low light).

Boo’s website. Though initially oriented towards Excalibur Crossbows, there’s a wealth of information there. Read it all the way through.
Did exactly as you suggested. Can hold 3 shots at 50 yd 1 1/2” group. Killed deer at exactly 50 yd the other day. # 12 of the season. 11 with my new fatal x.

· Registered
8,441 Posts
Many crossbows that are imported are cheap to purchase here.
For every dollar spent here $6 to $7 goes back in currency exchange.
The overseas countries are not paying the high wages for labor like
here and everyone works over there to support there family, parents
etc.
The more product an importer wishes to purchase, the cheaper the
product can be purchased for and the cheaper it can be sold for.

Some high quality products are coming from over seas while some
are look and don't touch due to poor quality material.

Things I have found is the material used in their crossbow cables and
bowstrings is very high quality but not enough tension is applied before
adding the serving.
Some of the crossbow triggers are very high quality with low trigger pull
and no trigger creep.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

· Premium Member
4,532 Posts
I hate to say it but I think I would shy away from the Diesel X .
Second pick in post #345 shows that bow has a semi arrow less rail , much like the Scorpyd death stalker .
If you look down the arrow you can see the arrow is only touching the rail in the front and HOPFULLY the rear .
and if they are using moon nocks , I see inconsistent accuracy .

Just my 2 cents !!

· Registered
8,441 Posts
Second pick in post #345 shows that bow has a semi arrow less rail , much like the Scorpyd death stalker .
If you look down the arrow you can see the arrow is only touching the rail in the front and HOPFULLY the rear .

Just my 2 cents !!
The Killer Instinct website advertisement says 3 each Hypr bolts.
The front of the arrow only touches possibly 1 1/2" of the rail and a large
gap on each side of the rest of the arrow as shown in their top view.
Any crossbow with the bow string coming down inside the cams next to
the rail-stock is going to be very hard on the serving in the arrow-latch
area due to the sharp string angle. Speed 405 feet per second.
Automotive lighting Metal Fashion accessory Font Light fixture

Take care.

· Crossbow Nut
5,938 Posts

Just my 2 cents !!
Good eye Tim! I never noticed but yer right.

6,195 Posts

Just my 2 cents !!
Yeah, and if I’m not mistaken, it looks like the deisel and vital have composite rails. I found out with the Darton that composite rails and short axle to axle don’t play real well together.

· Premium Member
4,532 Posts
Yeah, and if I’m not mistaken, it looks like the deisel and vital have composite rails. I found out with the Darton that composite rails and short axle to axle don’t play real well together.
It does appear they r composite !!

· Premium Member
4,532 Posts
If they fixed the Fatals excessive string hump and limb issues then they already have a solid xbow. 7.2 lb. Says diesel is 7.4. How does it get heavier with a synthetic rail.:unsure:.
With a composite rail it needs to be bulkier to make up the strength that an aluminum rail has .
Composite is also way cheaper to manufacture !!

· Registered
30 Posts
The Killer Instinct website advertisement says 3 each Hypr bolts.
The front of the arrow only touches possibly 1 1/2" of the rail and a large
gap on each side of the rest of the arrow as shown in their top view.
Any crossbow with the bow string coming down inside the cams next to
the rail-stock is going to be very hard on the serving in the arrow-latch
area due to the sharp string angle. Speed 405 feet per second.
View attachment 245449

Take care.
Thanks for the educational Intel.

· Registered
26 Posts
Hey guys. I’m new here, and looking to purchase a crossbow. I have been looking all over the web at prices, reviews, etc.
Being new to hunting I am still in many ways dealing with sticker shock on the amount of money people invest in hunting. That’s just not me. I’m cheap, so admit it.
Buuuttt, I am a firm believer in both the “bang for your buck” and “buy once, cry once” methodology.
All this to say, would you recommend the fatal x to a new crossbow hunter?
Oh and as an fyi, I have about $500 to spend.

341 - 360 of 374 Posts