Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your favorite style and weight field/target point you use for practice? I'm about to order some new field points and I thought I would consult the CBNation as to what they prefer.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
I use 100 grain field point as they are easier on targets. Bullet points are more blunt and do not penetrate as far.

All the best with what ever you choose.
Take care.

·
Registered
12,663 Posts
100 and 125 gr bullet points.

·
Registered
9,189 Posts
I try to use the more pointed ones if penetration isn't a issue as they are a lot easier on target facing. With my faster bows I use the bullet points to limit penetration. I dont see any difference in accuracy between the two. 100 and 125 gn

·
Crossbow Nut
2,708 Posts
Put me down for bullet points! They don't chew up the inside of my target bag.
Match the weight to your broadheads.

·
Happy Member
5,129 Posts
100gn bullet points is all that I use. My Hurricane crossbow target has over 500 shots in it and still stopping the arrows like it was brand new! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Registered
12,663 Posts
As long as my broadheads are within a 2" circle I'm good.;):)

·
Registered
85 Posts
What's your favorite style and weight field/target point you use for practice? I'm about to order some new field points and I thought I would consult the CBNation as to what they prefer.
Maifield Stainless Steel Field points both 100 & 125. one of the nice features of this field points it does not loosen. You can order them from Amazon.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I use the TopHat too. 125Grain with 18" BEE makes 410 Grain for my Bulldog 330 (350).
With the ArcherOpterX 18"arrows i have 407 grain.
Greetings from Germany

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Bullet, 100 to 175,

but usually shoot Trick's, or 3 blade VPA's fer practice, no difference in POI so why not use the real thing when your shooting into a Blob! ;)

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'v read somewhere the combo point style was especially designed to reduce target penetration.
Points like this:

upload_2020-5-24_16-29-24.png

Toppoint has them as well.
I prefer their products, because the O-ring reduces rattling ...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts