Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one is for the experienced crossbow shooters

What is your favorite modification or accessory? No matter what brand of crossbow you own it would have it on it.

Just curious....

Thanks in advance for your responses!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Im no expert or engineer that makes mods to that extent like some do on here, so I would say for me is scope, arrows and practice, practice and a lot more practice. Shoot from a rest and shoot from off hand to be as proficient as you can be and your bow will be an extension of you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Level...interesting

What arrows do you recommend? I know that is a loaded question. I am looking at the Easton Bloodlines

·
Registered
58 Posts
I use Black Eagle Executioner arrows in .001 straightness. They work for me and are somewhat affordable. What’s that saying: don’t fix what ain’t broke.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
If you are looking for good and cheap together the Blood Sport arrows are delivering both. Look on Amazon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
By far my favorite is a GroundPounder top quiver mount for Excalibur Vortex. I never liked the side mount that came with the bow.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Hawke XB30 Compact scope, XBOLTS, NAP Spitefires, bubble level, then sling. In that order!

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
First , a stock that is adjustable to fit me , second is a scope adjuster ( HHA or Jackplate )that is not to high or heavy and easy to use .
other than that i like Vortex optics on my bows and the best arrows i can shoot .

Reactions: Generator

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
An excellent optic first, arrows second and a good trigger is icing on the cake.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
I am starting to think that my new to me Sig Sauer BDX 2.5-8x32 scope is my favorite accessory though it is a tad heavy. Yesterday I was out sighting it in using the Ballistic Reticle mode with 20-30-40-50 yard lighted dots (no rangefinder needed) and got it all set so the scope will sleep after 2 minutes of sitting still but will wake up as soon as it is moved. This morning I took it out and set up a target at 30 yards and shot and hit dead center at 4X power. I then set the magnification to 6X and dead center again, then 8X and dead center yet again. I LIKE it.. next come stretching it out on distance.
Imagine trying that with a regular speed dial scope. You would be out looking for that last arrow shot for certain as it flew away over the top of the target. :)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Spine/weight matched arrows and level

1 - 20 of 39 Posts