Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
I have a couple of XOP Vanish stands. They are very lightweight and easy to hang. They are also cheaper than their counter parts, the Lone Wolf and the Helo stands. I used to have a garage full of Walmart clearance stands. They were definitely cheaper and served their purpose but as I got older, they became cumbersome and harder to hang. That's why I went to a MUCH lighter setup.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
13,733 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
the seat on these is really nice. I sat in one a few times last year.

Reactions: Iron Duke

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have always disliked hanging stands and greatly prefer using a climbing stand as there are plenty of straight trees around to climb here. A Summit Viper is the stand I settled on years ago and still use today. If you prefer a ladder stand there are plenty oladderstand typeut there depending on your price range to choose from.
Looking more at the ladder stand kind

·
13,733 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
prefer around 16 feet height with maybe a little brace? Stand probably will be pretty stationary once in place.
I prefer a climbing stick and hang-on stand for compound bow hunting. Rivers Edge RE723 climbing sticks are my favorite, but they have gone up in price like everything else. They used to be under $90 at Tractor Supply or Fleet Farm. I have older River Edge climbing sticks that I have been using for 15+ years. XOP Air Raid Evolution along with the attachment bracket are my favorite hang-on stands. I have 5 XOP stands that I have bought when I find them on sale. Two are the larger Maximus stands, which I like the best. I haven't seen those lately. Scheel's had the XOP attachment bracket in 3-packs on sale at one time, and bought 6 brackets. I passed one on to my brother. I bought him an XOP stand for Christmas two years ago.

I like climbing sticks and hang-on stands with attachment brackets, because I can put them up alone. If I was hunting strictly with a crossbow, however, I would prefer a ladderstand with a shooting rail. Just may need a friend to help get it up.

My best investment, however, has been lifelines. All my set ups have one these days!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Robert.
Good to know.
My wife and I have 4 of these Thermaseats , one for every occasion.
Lightweight and quality made . Comes with a shoulder strap for easy transport.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Buckshot Equalizer. It’s light, comfortable and extremely safe. Never having to disconnect to reposition cables if tree decreases diameter as you climb which 99 out of 100 trees do…A bit on the pricy side but we’ll worth the money!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
^ ^ a section of Copper pipe insulation works well at an affordable price to support the shooting rail.
Then cover with a section of burlap sack so the pipe insulation doesn't squeak.
Use zip tires to secure.
Hope I understood your post above.
If not call me a dufas.

·
Registered
Excalibur Micro 355 Suppressor
155 Posts
Muddy makes a good two-man as well as Ameristep. I have a few of these, easy to put together. Not to hard to put up, Do yourself a huge favor....Change the seat cushions!!🤣

1 - 20 of 28 Posts