Crossbow Nation banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Best ladder... I've ever been in is my Skyscraper. But it's a doozy to assemble and erect....lol Other than that, any two-man stand is great for the room. Cheap, single ladder stands are brutal for long sits and suck to shoot out of.
Ameristep® 22' Skyscraper Ladder Stand - 120358, Ladder Tree Stands at Sportsman's Guide (sportsmansguide.com)

View attachment 227631 View attachment 227632
AS I get older, I get lower, use to climb a White Pine and I must have been 70 feet up. About 6 years ago I climbed it again and got scared and got down. I like 16 feet now. Age 73 now.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Some of the nicer ladderstands have a good price tag attached to them. For example -

Obviously, there are better deals out there, & I am not knocking ladderstands.

Personally, I think it's nice to have a couple stands that will keep you out of the elements. For a few hundred dollars more, the Millennium Solo Buck Hut Shooting Blind (approximately $650) and the Millennium Q200 Buck Hut House (approximately $800-850) seem to be good alternatives. The Q200 was more affordable when it first came out. Like everything else, it took a jump in price this past year.

If you have a prime spot that may be good for both deer & turkeys, a blind like these may be a good investment. There's a lot of permanent blind options out there, but I would struggle getting some of them to my prime spots. Building one of these Millennium stands in one of those areas would be easier for my situation.

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
I have 3 of the Big Game 2-man ladder stands from Walmart. I bought them on sale after deer season for somewhere @ $75 ea I think. I have them cabled off to other trees with ratchets and steel cable. Theyre rock solid and wont wiggle at all. I also added camo around the railings. Word of warning....you will need a good seat as the ones that come with those cheap stands are a piece of foam about 1" thick. Other than that the stands are good. I also hunt from my portable climber which is a Summit Goliath. The biggest problem I have with any of my stands is staying awake. HA!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
If it is on private property I would use a hang on with climbing sticks. The Millennium M150 is my pick. I have 3 of them. Once you pop it on the camlock that you put on tree it is easy to get set up. You can add a shooting rail. Very comfortable.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts