Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have 150# limbs on my Grim Reaper and I can just get it cooked with the short sled. I'm short 5'8". At least I was that tall. Think gravity is taking its toll. I use the long sled that has the rope shortened a little bit. I could shorten the short cocker but I don't ever use it . That and you have to make sure you shorten both sides the same amount.
Next question is there an issue with the bow?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not hard to cock, it was hitting the bolt retainer and I didn't want to break anything. Lol now I got it all dialed in. Thx guys

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have 150# limbs on my Grim Reaper and I can just get it cooked with the short sled. I'm short 5'8". At least I was that tall. Think gravity is taking its toll. I use the long sled that has the rope shortened a little bit. I could shorten the short cocker but I don't ever use it . That and you have to make sure you shorten both sides the same amount.
Next question is there an issue with the bow?

No all is good. Was just hitting bolt retainer. I just pulled passed it and all good.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Kris, Scorpyds aren’t exactly the most effortless bows to cock, especially with the short sled. About 3/4 of the way through the draw stroke the effort moves from the large back muscles to the upper back, and it’s worse if you’re short - fortunately I‘m 6’1”. I have both a DS and an Aucleus 460. A long session with that Aucleus usually involves a bit of grunting.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh cool yeah I'm 6 foot. I was freaking out cuz it was binding on the bolt retainer. It was stopping there. Was too tight. It's easy to cock now that I figured that out. I mean about like an excalibur 400 I would say. My m380 is easier than this 420 cuz it's only 13" this ds420 is like 15. I got it all sighted in now. Thx. Love the bow.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Glad you got it figured out. You should really enjoy the accuracy of the scorpyd. They are sure fun to shot if you have a target that can hold up to same hole accuracy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts