Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've heard the same. So now they are in VA and to my knowledge, a county in Southwest PA. I know in MD, if you see one, kill it. We don't want them here because of the damage. They are good to eat and hunt, but I'd rather travel out of state to do so.
Best of luck to you this upcoming season!!!

Reactions: Fletcher

·
Registered
14,158 Posts
Supposely....we have a lot here but you hardly ever see any. See the signs sometimes and rarely get some night pictures but for the most part never see any when hunting. See more crossing roads from the truck than I see when I'm in the woods.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Few people want to go there anymore. Half the place is boarded up with nothing but crackheads and junkies.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sadly that seems to be happening across America. Damn shame, too. If only people would learn that it's up to themselves to make their life better.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
It is ashame that we have people in our country ( American Citizens) that legitimately need help because of physical or mental problems and some of them worked and paid taxes until disability rendered them unable to work and they have to fight to get help and get denied. We have non citizens that get free hand outs and individuals that are capable of working and get handouts. How do we vote?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I've heard the same. So now they are in VA and to my knowledge, a county in Southwest PA. I know in MD, if you see one, kill it. We don't want them here because of the damage. They are good to eat and hunt, but I'd rather travel out of state to do so.
We dont have any here in NW PA

·
Registered
96 Posts
There are Hogs scattered all over Alabama. I was in a Deer Club in North Alabama. Saw lots of sign. Tracks larger than my fist. Muddy rubs on trees around mud holes. I put out a Game Cam and got 10081 Hog photos in one week. Near as I could tell, this represented more than 100 different Hogs. I Put a stand in a good location. I shot 3 Hogs with a .44 Mag pistol, and 2 with rifles. Danged hogs were smart. They moved on me pretty quick. Our Hogs proved to be quick learners. A man on a neighboring lease put out several Hog Traps. Caught 6-7 then they moved on him too. Our Hogs became nocturnal at the drop of a hat.

Even a good concentration of Hogs is not much of a guarantee of success, but it's fun to try. Sadly we lost our lease to some high rollers from Atlanta.
Nowadays there is no Hog sign where I'm going to bowhunt.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry about the lease Dan. Less and less land to hunt every year. Thanks for the reply and the best of luck this coming season.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I thought fur sure there were hogs in every state. Wither it be from migration or tame hog get loose and turn wild.
We have them by hundreds of thousands here in Texas. If you don't think you have any, and want some, come and get all you want. LOL

·
Registered
784 Posts
Recently I have been hearing stories about wild hogs breeding in the area of Culpepper Va. Has anyone heard about this or confirmed any sightings in this area? Also does anyone know of a breeding population anywhere in the great state of Virginia?
I heard of a report of a bunch sighted near Sanford, NC but I have not seen any yet on trail cams or while hunting. Always looking for Yotes & Hogs, both of which are # 1 on my hit list.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts