Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
I've heard the same. So now they are in VA and to my knowledge, a county in Southwest PA. I know in MD, if you see one, kill it. We don't want them here because of the damage. They are good to eat and hunt, but I'd rather travel out of state to do so.
Best of luck to you this upcoming season!!!
i live in and hunt in sw Pa and as far as i know there are no feral hogs here. i have heard the rumors but i havnt seen or heard of anyone actually killing one or even seeing any sign. i hunt all over sw Pa and i have never seen one or seen any signs of one. if i do see one ill gladly shoot it and cook it up on the grill though.

i have a friend who lives in culpepper virginia and he has never mentioned seeing any hogs down there. i also hunted down there with him two years ago and never saw any signs of feral hogs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
We have plenty in Northeast Texas. I love to hunt & eat them. Killed 4 last year with my bows and hope to get even more this year!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Here, in Missouri, we have a problem as well. It used to be they encouraged you to shoot them on sight. Now, we are told to just call a number and DO NOT shoot them. They claim that shooting one will scatter them, making it harder to contain the problem.

I've always wondered, is that really so?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts