Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried something that may be a little out of the ordinary. I have my centerpoint sniper hitting dead on at 20, 30, and 40 yds with 100gr. field points and piledriver arrows but when i shot my mechanical broadheads it hit about 8" low. I have about 2 dozen of the old rocket miniblaster 75gr. mechanicals so i figured what the heck i'll give them a try. The arrow weighed in at 412gr. which is well within safe range and it still has enough kinetic energy to kill a whitetail. I loaded one up and low and behold it hit exactly where i was aiming. I'm still going to try a couple different 100gr heads but these will work and i have killed a lot of deer with the rocket head. I thought i would share this to let you know it's ok to think out of the box and maybe help someone else thats having problems.
Mike

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That sounds to me like you had a blade open in flight on the mechanical that flew low.
I checked for that, no blades opened. It was a lazer strike 2 head, they're cheap heads. As always you get what you pay for. I'm going to try a couple different arrows just in case the pile drivers aren't a match for that head.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mike... What was the mechanical that hit 8" low. Did the blades deploy early?
Tom
The ones that hit low were the lazer strike 2 100gr. xbow heads that bass pro sells. The blades didn't deploy early. I shot 6 or 7 shots with it, they grouped good just hit low. I can always re sight with that head right before deer season if i decide i want to use it.

Registered
The ones that hit low were the lazer strike 2 100gr. xbow heads that bass pro sells. The blades didn't deploy early. I shot 6 or 7 shots with it, they grouped good just hit low. I can always re sight with that head right before deer season if i decide i want to use it.
Thanks!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's the piledrivers. I put it on one of the CP arrows that came with the bow and it hit about an inch low at 40yds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts