Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my Ravin R20 sighted in with fieldpoints. In MI, Archery season opens on 10/1. I'm planning to change over to Rage Crossbow 100gr 2" expandables.
I have 2 questions:
1) Anyone with experience with this broadhead--does it fly like a field point?
2) The broadheads I bought come with a practice point, and I'm wondering if the practice point does really fly like the actual broadhead at 20-50 yards?

THanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just shot a hypodermic practice head this afternoon from my Katana. It hit within a inch of my field points at 40yds.

·
Registered
13,323 Posts
Not all practice points will shoot like broadheads. I have bee shooting the nasty by Dead Ringer and the practice point consistently shoots an inch or more low compared to the actual hunting head. IMO the sharpened blades makes the difference as the weight of the two heads and the two arrows are the exact same. I even switched the heads with those two arrows and the practice broadhead still hit low. I'll sacrifice a broadhead. I just don't trust the practice broadheads.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
While they may be close, I never trust that "they shoot like field points" nomenclature. Always, always make sure your broad-heads shoot straight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts