Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to crossbows. I just ordered some bloodsport witness arrows and I'm looking for field points to test 100gr vs 125gr to see what will work best for me. Is there any particular field points I should get?

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
New to crossbows. I just ordered some bloodsport witness arrows and I'm looking for field points to test 100gr vs 125gr to see what will work best for me. Is there any particular field points I should get?
Believe it or not the answer is YES. Please let me explain who and why.
I'm going to suggest you contact Jerry at Southsoutharchery.com and ask him for a set of a dozen weight matched field point in each weight category you wish to test.
The reason is due to the fact that typical field points have a very wide difference in actual weight. They usually vary from a low of 94 grains up to about 104 grains of weight variation on a 100 grain set. This may not sound like a lot to you, but in application it is. A 1 grain weight deviation is capable of costing an arrow up to 3" of elevation difference on the face of a target at 60 yards, depending upon the speed of your crossbow. The slower your velocity, the higher the percent of deviation at distance. This is why weight balancing our arrows is so critically important to competition shooters. Jerry sells a line of machined field points that are very tightly matched to resolve this problem.

Jon Henry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts