Crossbow Nation banner
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Vendor
1,513 Posts
Did you ask a mod why it was locked?

That wasn't the only message either.. Me being a dealer for GAS hurts not only me but GAS,, both me and GAS are paying vendors.. Yet there is sigs and numerouse mentions of string builders on here that are not paying vendors who I've seen get called the "best" , best what? Having the cheapest price on $50-$70 string sales? Its not in regards to podiums which GAS shooters shooting GAS have dominated many platforms across the board for the last 2-3 years now.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I could be wrong, but I beilive so. at the least I think my rep was told. For some reason there isn't much reply either way..
I reported the post and ask for them to look into why the PM was locked. Maybe they will reach out to you. Just seems odd.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I'm sorry and not trying to be an arse, but YOU ARE WRONG on this one! The direction of serving is clockwise or "right twist" for a reason. We match the serving with the twist. I've been doing this for over 30 years and I'm probably considered one of the top industry experts on the topic of fibers and bowstrings. I understand that the below makes sense to you, but you are incorrect here. If the serving went the opposite direction as you requested, the cable itself would be very soft, flimsy and it would separate almost instantly.
Eric, we can agree to disagree. I admit you did try to make things right, I just wished you’d built the last set the way I asked.

Boo doesn’t serve them your way. Neither does Danny Miller based on our conversation.

Reactions: JH HUNTER

·
Registered
279 Posts
Tim,

I'm sorry and not trying to be an arse, but YOU ARE WRONG on this one! The direction of serving is clockwise or "right twist" for a reason. We match the serving with the twist. I've been doing this for over 30 years and I'm probably considered one of the top industry experts on the topic of fibers and bowstrings. I understand that the below makes sense to you, but you are incorrect here. If the serving went the opposite direction as you requested, the cable itself would be very soft, flimsy and it would separate almost instantly.

I'm sorry that our strings didn't work out for you and meet your expectations (cables anyway, you never even tried the string).

1. We sent you what Firenock had as the correct length spec. You had something different going on with your model. Not our fault, but we sent you new cables.
2. You didn't like the loop length of our cables. Those are standard and set by the people that test these on a regular basis. We didn't create that spec, but we did test it and I saw no issues.
3. We sent you a third set with the custom loop spec you wanted. The cables elongated as that's what a Ravin 2-cable system IS GOING TO DO and thus why we have an open area to twist them up. They also separated at the brass pulleys. This was a concern I had from the very beginning with this system and about the only thing we have had to warranty on those. Some seem to have issues and others have none. I'm not sure on the reason, but it's really not a quality/workmanship issue on our end, more nature of the beast on that system. You weren't happy with this or that answer, so we sent you yet another set of cables.
4. The 4th set was made to your exact "custom" requests in regards to length, but I did tell you when you ordered them that we weren't going to twist them the opposite direction for you.
5. Here's where we are today.....

From a customer service standpoint, we have bent over backwards for you. Color samples. Multiple CBN messages back and forth, emails back and forth, multiple phone calls with Kelsey in our office, multiple phone calls with Jake in our office and phone Calls and emails with me. I am positive that there is nothing we could do at this point to make you happy. We aren't going to completely deviate from our string building process per your request. We made you custom loops and custom lengths. We did all of this in an attempt to make sure the customer was taken care of and happy in the end. All of this at our expense. We clearly lost this battle, but I am confident that we did everything we could. Again, my apologies that we couldn't meet your expectations.
What string material do you make these sets out of and how many strands do you use?

·
Registered
14,037 Posts
Just look at the sigs.. ;)

"5. Please limit your signature block to 5 lines or less, and size #2 or smaller. Signatures may not contain links to websites or contact information, unless the website is owned by a banner sponsor of Crossbownation.com. Signatures may not be used to sell or advertise products that are non Crossbow Nation banner sponsors. This includes business Facebook links."(CBN)

Look who sig has Archery Shack strings and BigBird Ravin accessories.. Think I gave it away..
You are wrong again accusing Bill of violating the rule you posted above. It clearly states that signatures can't use LINKS to websites or advertise or sell products by non sponsors.
Bill simply shows his bows and the strings he uses on his bows and says he also used BigBird Ravin accessories. No links to sites and he is not advertising either. If I had a Signature listing bow owned here mine would say Ravin R20, AS string/cables and BB accessories cause that is what I shoot.

·
Vendor
1,513 Posts
You are wrong again accusing Bill of violating the rule you posted above. It clearly states that signatures can't use LINKS to websites or advertise or sell products by non sponsors.
Bill simply shows his bows and the strings he uses on his bows and says he also used BigBird Ravin accessories. No links to sites and he is not advertising either. If I had a Signature listing bow owned here mine would say Ravin R20, AS string/cables and BB accessories cause that is what I shoot.

No I'm not,, as you said "or advertise".. By "Bill" using a non vendor business as a signature is in fact advertising.. Key part was "or" ...

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Yet there is sigs and numerouse mentions of string builders on here that are not paying vendors who I've seen get called the "best" , best what?
And there are numerous mentions of bows, arrows, scopes, etc..... that are not paying vendors and they get called the "best". Heck, bow manufacturers get their own forums. There is no way to have a viable forum about crossbows and accessories without allowing mentions of crossbows and accessories. Advertising with hot links, promoting one's own business, or acting as a proxy for a business is a different story.

·
11,688 Posts
And there are numerous mentions of bows, arrows, scopes, etc..... that are not paying vendors and they get called the "best". Heck, bow manufacturers get their own forums. There is no way to have a viable forum about crossbows and accessories without allowing mentions of crossbows and accessories. Advertising with hot links, and promoting one's own business, or acting as a proxy for a business is a different story.
Wasting your time ... trying logic and common sense against drama doesn't work.
;)

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Like Duke said in so many words, now we are just feeding the troll. Lets put a fork in it.

• Haha
Reactions: Iron Duke

·
Vendor
1,513 Posts
Then report him and see where that gets you. I can't believe that you actually believe that.

It's not that it is not obviousley from the past that "Bill" at every turn was pushing AS .. I recall when first coming on here that any mention of a GAS string by me in a post "Bigbird" had to throw something in there about AS .. If CBN keeps letting it fly watch we will keep seeing it at every turn from Big Bird who also apparently promotes his own products, What is "BigBird Ravin accessories"

Either CBN has rules regarding adds or they don't. I would like to know.. I'm okay with letting anything fly in that aspect.. It would save me $$$$$ not paying to advertise..

·
Vendor
1,513 Posts
Like Duke said in so many words, now we are just feeding the troll. Lets put a fork in it.

The TROLLS are people like yourself, another one with a "Bigbird" Add:..I guess I should just not pay, keep Vital Limits in my Sig, talk about my products in comments only and CBN would be perfectly okay with that, not that they were before when a VL Staff Shooter was here getting his balls broke for mention of VL before vendor status was there. Half the comments were removed and so was the Staff shooters.

I

·
Registered
279 Posts
The TROLLS are people like yourself, another one with a "Bigbird" Add:..I guess I should just not pay, keep Vital Limits in my Sig, talk about my products in comments only and CBN would be perfectly okay with that, not that they were before when a VL Staff Shooter was here getting his balls broke for mention of VL before vendor status was there. Half the comments were removed and so was the Staff shooters.

I
Take your grievances to admin or directly to Verticalscope. Maybe this forum isn't right for you.

·
Vendor
1,513 Posts
Take your grievances to admin or directly to Verticalscope. Maybe this forum isn't right for you.

Forum is great either way. In fact this is great in the sense that it is more content for not only me , but CBN.. My guess is CBN likes the little bit of controversy to boast rankings, but if I can save $$$ to be here that is what the compliant "are" in reference to. It's already clear that CBN locked my messages and interesting that a few are ignoring that and still are making a defense for people carrying non vendor sigs.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
And there are numerous mentions of bows, arrows, scopes, etc..... that are not paying vendors and they get called the "best". Heck, bow manufacturers get their own forums. There is no way to have a viable forum about crossbows and accessories without allowing mentions of crossbows and accessories. Advertising with hot links, promoting one's own business, or acting as a proxy for a business is a different story.
I’m sure there are some things that’s hard to grasp for some people on here but I think VL is referring to people that offer a “service” - strings and cables for example - and get referred by other members but are not a paying vendor or sponsor status.

Farm Deer is an example. TOTR was pimping his ASAP arrows as the greatest thing since slice bread. Kids on here got upset that Farm Deer wasn’t a paying sponsor so he took sort of a beating for it, and I believe eventually he became a paying sponsor - advertiser, whatever the proper name is.

Anyone that is selling a product they make and sell to members on this forum should have to pay for that right - just like Farm Deer. If some sellers are not having to pay any monies - then Farm Deer should get all his money back and CBN can just collect a fee from EVERYONE to keep this site going - imo.

I guess I should read the forum rules over once more - since I use the Market Place to sell/buy stuff. Maybe the Market Place should be like Fleabay and start charging a seller’s fee for using their classifieds instead of it being free - that would certainly generate some revenue and we might not need a sponsor/vendor fee.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Rule #12 is rather self explanatory . . . .

12. Spamming is not allowed. Spamming can be defined as using a post to promote a product or agenda. If you are not a banner sponsor you may not promote your business in anyway on the forum. As an SMR sponsor you may only sell your product in the classifieds. Threads may not be started for the purpose of adding spam material.

·
Vendor
1,513 Posts
Rule #12 is rather self explanatory . . . .

12. Spamming is not allowed. Spamming can be defined as using a post to promote a product or agenda. If you are not a banner sponsor you may not promote your business in anyway on the forum. As an SMR sponsor you may only sell your product in the classifieds. Threads may not be started for the purpose of adding spam material.

Ever notice someone will mention a product of a non paying vendor on here then within a few comments the non paying vendor comes out of the wood works.. Happens all the time.. Clever way of sneaking around the vendor cost.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts