Crossbow Nation banner

61 - 80 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Hopefully we'll get this crap going and out of the way...maybe I can go through some metal at the local trout stream.

·
11,268 Posts
Put ½ ... my big house plants outside for the summer yesterday after checking the temperature for the week. 8' Hibiscus bushes, juniper, bunch of stuff that's been inside all winter. Nothing below 50° at night. 42° this morning and the wind has been howling all night! :mad: Air movement is critical for multiplying cooling. Friggen weather "persons" should be flogged...lol Well, I guess my plants are going to have to man-up or be replaced! :rolleyes: :p😂

Reactions: One eyed archer

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
7:30am ... here on the east coast and no reports of dead turkey yet? :rolleyes: 😂
Wellllll....we were close lol. Had them come in as planned... kind of. Didnt expect them to come in from all angles. We ended up getting busted. Tried to set up on some that were over a rise in a field but they went the other way. O well..good first day though! How did Marty make out I wonder??

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Wellllll....we were close lol. Had them come in as planned... kind of. Didnt expect them to come in from all angles. We ended up getting busted. Tried to set up on some that were over a rise in a field but they went the other way. O well..good first day though! How did Marty make out I wonder??
Whatever a person would be hunting, if you got one every time you went, it wouldn't be fun anymore. Better luck next time, and maybe your next post will be a successful one.

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
It's just as well I had decided not to go, as I'm now on standby for work for a potential recall...
Looking outside, though it's bright n sunny, those trees are still whipping around!!
Similar conditions here but I'm still going shooting after stopping in to check on the folks first.
Laterz gatorz.
P.S. Fingers crossed for your recall.

·
11,268 Posts
Whatever a person would be hunting, if you got one every time you went, it wouldn't be fun anymore. Better luck next time, and maybe your next post will be a successful one.
Totally ... disagree...lol If I don't kill something every time out, THAT's what's not fun.;)

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Totally ... disagree...lol If I don't kill something every time out, THAT's what's not fun.;)
I have to think your opinion relates to animal control rather then sport hunting, and that's understandable. As Tom Hanks said in the movie "A league of their own", " If playing baseball was easy, everybody would do it".

·
Registered
Backinda woods of Maine
838 Posts
Me and my youngest daughter went out at 4am and just got back. We got busted twice, once up behind the house and once at the farm down the road. Coming up the drive for a coffee refill spotted a flock in the woods beside the house. Slammed the door to the truck and got a gobble for my troubles.
It's been a very exciting start and it ain't even noon yet.
SPRING TURKEY 2021 HAS BEGUN!
WOOOHOOOOO!!!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Me and my youngest daughter went out at 4am and just got back. We got busted twice, once up behind the house and once at the farm down the road. Coming up the drive for a coffee refill spotted a flock in the woods beside the house. Slammed the door to the truck and got a gobble for my troubles.
It's been a very exciting start and it ain't even noon yet.
SPRING TURKEY 2021 HAS BEGUN!
WOOOHOOOOO!!!
You're seeing and hearing them, that's a great start!!!

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Well, I just returned home after my turkey hunt and nothing. We heard a bunch of them beside us, down in a valley. We called them around to where they were ready to come over to the hill we were on. They hang out here in this spot alot. I could see their scratchings where they were hunting for food. Its one of their common areas. But, as the the one that kept answering back to our calls, rounded the valley to come up to us, we heard a gun shot and then everything went quiet..... we sat there for awhile made a few calls but nothing... we are heading back to the same spot Monday and Tuesday mornings to try again.
Here's some pics of my morning today.

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
It's just as well I had decided not to go, as I'm now on standby for work for a potential recall...
Looking outside, though it's bright n sunny, those trees are still whipping around!!
It wasn't that windy here this morning but it was last night. I'm in Western Pa....don't forget..

·
Registered
3,902 Posts

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Is that a ladder stand on the left of the second pic?
Yes it is ! Good eyes ! There's another one behind me in the photo also but, you won't be able to see that one from where your at. :p

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Keep at it Marty. That's why they call it hunting and not shooting.
It felt great when I was sitting there. I didn't want to leave... I am on a natural high right now. That was a really nice time today. I can just imagine the elation I would've felt if I would've shot a turkey ! I can't wait until Monday morning. Heading back up there again.

·
Registered
222 Posts
One of my high school buddies that's been hunting all his life finally bought a crossbow, a Tenpoint Vapor so, he could get out for Spring Gobbler here in Pennsylvania this year. So I got into contact with him right away and asked him if I could come along so I could learn some more about hunting turkeys. He is picking me up this Saturday morning at 5 AM, said be ready. I'm psyched guys.... I really need to get outdoors and learn more about hunting these turkey. I'm taking my good old Nemesis 480 along for the trip. Wish me luck and if there's anything any of you more experienced hunters here think I need to be reminded about, lay it on me. My buddy Todd is really good at hunting. He does it all ! Pheasant hunting and deer hunting mostly. He just got a bow again to get some turkey this year and this is really good for me because now I've got the chance to supply him with strings and knowledge about crossbows in exchange for hunting mentoring, I guess you can call it. It all works out in the end.
Have fun.....and shoot all of those things! Good luck!

Reactions: Martymig
61 - 80 of 243 Posts