Crossbow Nation banner

81 - 100 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Looks like a great spot to hunt turkeys. Better luck Monday, maybe you could post some pictures of a successful hunt then. (y) Seeing the picture with your decoys, reminded me of the very first time a friend took me turkey hunting. I was so unprepared, it was laughable. Went to a strange to me spot, stumbled in woods in total darkness. He set out a hen decoy for me where I sat and he went to a further spot to hunt. I had no calls, so just sat there watching and straining my eyes as it was just getting light. When all of a sudden I see this turkey about 20 yards out. I was so surprised and excited, after about three or four minutes (seemed like forever) It dawned on me the turkey wasn't moving Yep, my friends decoy. 🦃 :oops: :)

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Heard more birds today than I thought I would, heard more gun shots too than I thought I would to.. But I say the turkeys are in there wind down Stage in my neck of the Woods but it's just getting started.

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Looks like a great spot to hunt turkeys. Better luck Monday, maybe you could post some pictures of a successful hunt then. (y) Seeing the picture with your decoys, reminded me of the very first time a friend took me turkey hunting. I was so unprepared, it was laughable. Went to a strange to me spot, stumbled in woods in total darkness. He set out a hen decoy for me where I sat and he went to a further spot to hunt. I had no calls, so just sat there watching and straining my eyes as it was just getting light. When all of a sudden I see this turkey about 20 yards out. I was so surprised and excited, after about three or four minutes (seemed like forever) It dawned on me the turkey wasn't moving Yep, my friends decoy. 🦃 :oops: :)
Now that is funny... you made me laugh when I read this....

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Heard more birds today than I thought I would, heard more gun shots too than I thought I would to.. But I say the turkeys are in there wind down Stage in my neck of the Woods but it's just getting started.
Yes. Same here. The turkeys already fill the hens with eggs now they nest early instead of walking around alot. I'd say have Spring Gobbler in April instead of May.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I was out listening this morning, same thing i heard a few on the Roost, but they shut right up when they hit the ground with a courtesy gobble now and then afterwards. But we got alot of season left so lets be like OLD Vet and never give up.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I've got a groung blind in a good position right now where i a had some good and bad luck last year. Bit i may move in tighter tommorow morning see what happens.

·
10,766 Posts
You turkey hunters ... have me wondering about yez guys. :p :p😂;) They don't look hard to kill to me? Hardly worth sitting knee deep in fleas & ticks I'd say.:rolleyes::cool: All's I'm reading is excuses. Youz ever kill them things? Or is it a harmless way to get outta the house and Sheila's things to catch up on list?
:p😂

Reactions: JCAT

·
Registered
927 Posts
You turkey hunters ... have me wondering about yez guys. :p :p😂;) They don't look hard to kill to me? Hardly worth sitting knee deep in fleas & ticks I'd say.:rolleyes::cool: All's I'm reading is excuses. Youz ever kill them things? Or is it a harmless way to get outta the house and Sheila's things to catch up on list?
View attachment 197787 :p😂
Its all in their eyezzz Duke, its all in their eyezzzz! 👀 If they were Stevie Wonder 😎 turks we would be killing them easily and often! ;)😆

·
Registered
Backinda woods of Maine
805 Posts
Yesterday was youth day here. I took my daughter out and it was a long day. We had a few opportunities to take a turkey but it just didnt work out. I think it was just nerves. The good thing is the fact that she is more determined than ever to get back out there. I couldn't be any prouder of her. She was using some new equipment for decapitating shots and we have decided to get out her old crossbow and go back to body shots. It worked for her once before and with luck it will work again...soon.
Never give up!
Good luck everyone,
Oncebitten

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
At about 2 pm. I was taking my dog for his daily ride in the ranger so he can run free in a large field. I seen a big gobbler in the corner of the field sneaking into the woods. I grabbed my Sightron 8x32s and observed him,he walked into some freshly downed tree tops and stood like a stone, so i carried on to where i normally park. And at that point i was only about 150yds. From where he was standing in the tops still there. I thought this is going to be inteteresting to watch when i let my buddy out, well i watched his reaction when i let the dog out, about when the dog was halfway down the hill that big old Gobbler laid down in the Tops and the Dog was within 30yds. Of him numerous times. Just like a big Old whitetail would do....!!

81 - 100 of 186 Posts